Mickey Mouse was the theme of school this week so that was fun. I started my last session of dance for the year. Mommy was a bit nervous as when we showed up, our class was in a different studio and there were a lot of new kids. Last time this happened, I refused to participate in dance for a couple weeks. But this time, I seemed fine with the new kids and the new studio and did a good job. Miss Kathy (my teacher, I like to just call her 'dance') told me I did a really good job and gave me a high five again. And we got Minnie Mouse stamps on our hands this week which was really cool. Is it some sort of Disney anniversary this week or was it just coincidence that it was Mickey Wednesday and Minnie Thursday?
What else is new with me?
- On weekends my parents designate one day where one of them gets up with me in the morning, and the other one sleeps in a bit. Usually the "sleeping parent" gets about 45 more minutes of sleep until I become really loud and there is no more sleeping. Anyway, on mornings that Daddy gets up, I become a real Daddy's girl. In fact this morning, Mommy was taking me upstairs to change my stinky diaper and I said, "No! Daddy do it!" Mommy was thrilled!
- Daddy can't tell me that Mommy is upstairs sleeping as I'll want to go wake her up. One time he said Mommy was getting her hair cut, so now I think every time she is gone, she is getting her hair cut.
- Mommy and I still have our little arguments during the day. I always win them, although Mommy never concedes that she is wrong. Here are two examples of where we disagreed this week. First, I declared that the animal on my favorite blanket was a bunny. Mommy said, No it's a mouse. I said, "No bunny!" and Mommy said, "No it's a mouse." Then I said, "Mouse!" and Mommy thought she had won...but then I said, "No..bunny." The second argument was very similar. I heard the loud noises coming from the laundry room and declared that the dryer was noisy. Mommy said, "No it's the washer". I said, "No dryer!" and Mommy said, "The dryer isn't on, it's the washer." I said, "Washer?" and Mommy, again (stupidly) thought she had gotten through to me, but then I said "Nope, dryer!"
- One day this week we went to Bed Bath and Beyond. I saw a really cool bubble bucket that was "spill-proof" and really wanted it. Mommy thought it was a good deal, and liked the no-spill aspect so we got it. I was SOOOO happy. Mommy reminded me that we'd have to get some bubble soap for it, and that we didn't have any at home, so we couldn't do bubbles until we got the soap. Not a problem, I thought and I told Mommy that church had bubbles. Mommy said that we couldn't take the bubble soap from church and that we'd just buy some next time we went to Target.
- I was also very charming with the checkout lady at the store. I was really proud of my bubble bucket, and when we were done, I said "bye, see ya soon!" and blew her kisses. She thought I was the sweetest thing.
- No bubble soap was not a problem for me. I just took out the bubble wands, pretended to blow bubbles, and then pretended to pop the imaginary bubbles in the air. I have a very good imagination. And Mommy appreciated the no-mess aspect of my pretend play.
- When we got to the car, Mommy was putting me in my car seat and I started sniffing in a dramatic fashion. Mommy asked me what I was doing. I said, "I sniffing, Mommy!" Mommy asked me what I was sniffing, and I said, "Bubbles!!!" I can be so goofy!
See you next week!
Glad you got the Clifford Manner's book! Cal loves it. I'm sad we missed Clifford the other week!!
ReplyDeleteLike your bubble story.