
Good evening! I hope everyone had a good week. I had a fun week as always. A highlight of the week was at dance this week. All the mommies got to watch us kids do a dance all by ourselves! At first I was confused why Mommy was sitting down by the mirror and kept trying to give her the prop to come dance with me. But she said she was just going to watch me this time. I did SOO good. Mommy was so proud of me. I followed the teacher really well. Mommy really wished she had her video camera. Next week she's going to keep the camera in her pocket in case we do the "solo" dance again. Then all of you can see what a great dancer I'm becoming.

This is me checking out my ballet skirt. Dora has a new show out called "Dora's Ballet Adventure." It has quickly become one of my favorite. Dora has to find the dancing shoes so they can put on their show. I ask for "dancing shoes" a lot.

What else did I do this week? On Monday I got a haircut. In fact, everyone in our house got haircuts this week. I got mine Monday afternoon, Daddy got his Monday night, and Mommy Tuesday night. I have been asking to get a haircut for awhile. I say "Haircut me! Me haircut!" so Mommy thought I'd be thrilled when she told me we were going to get my haircut when she woke me up from my nap. I said, "No, no haircut." Mommy said, "I already have an appointment for you. We're going to get your haircut." I said, "No, no haircut." Well we went anyway as Mommy is the boss. I was reluctant to get in the chair and shed a few sad tears throughout the haircut. Not ridiculous crying and screaming, just generally was acting very sad about my haircut. Then when it was all over and the lady took the cape off, I jumped down from the chair and exclaimed, "Haircut FUN!" And after that I kept talking about how fun the haircut was. I got a cool sticker and everything. Mommy and my hairstylist were a bit surprised at my enthusiasm for the haircut that just happened as it had appeared the entire time I was really not happy about it. On Tuesday we decided to go to Como Conservatory. They have lots of pretty spring flowers and a fun koi pond. We spent a lot of time looking at the "fishies". Mommy didn't get many pictures as most of the time she kept a hand on me, keeping me out of the koi pond. And also keeping me in control as I was crazy running all over the conservatory. We didn't go to the zoo part because it was still a bit chilly for that but I did get to see a wolf when we had to turn around in the parking lot. It was right against the fence so I kept yelling, "Hi wolf! Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Wolf!"

This is me "cooking" my snack. I still like to eat my afternoon snack in my kitchen but also sometimes eat my snack on our center island while Mommy gets things ready for dinner. What else happened this week? I got to spend some fun time with Daddy. Mommy had breakfast with her friends on Saturday so we got good Daddy/Daughter time. We made a really cool fort in the basement. This morning we went for a fun stroller ride outside since it was sooo nice out (50's is nice to us Minnesotans in early April!).

This is me and my little DVD player watching Barney this afternoon. I like that it is just my size, and Daddy likes that he can watch the baseball game or Mommy can watch one of her shows on the big TV. Usually if the TV is on, I think it should be one of my Nick Jr. or PBS shows. Tonight I was a really good girl at church. I cried a bit when my parents dropped me off but I quickly got over it and had a good time. Mommy and Daddy like it now that I can carry on a conversation and tell them what I did at church. The highlight for me tonight was the animal cracker snack. What else is new with me?
- I started eating grilled cheese sandwiches again this week. I liked them last spring I think, and then decided I didn't like them. Mommy started making Reuben sandwiches with leftover corned beef from St Patrick's Day at lunch time and I got intrigued. I said, "I try it?" and Mommy let me try her sandwich. I liked the parts that were just cheese and bread but if I got a taste of sauerkraut or corned beef I didn't like that at all. So Mommy tricked me this week by making a grilled cheese sandwich for her, when really she made it for me. I said, "I try it?" and I loved it and ate it! And, like a good scientist, Mommy repeated this experiment again the next day and I still liked it. Mommy is happy that there is something new and easy to make for lunch. It always puzzled her that I didn't like it since two of my favorite foods are bread and cheese.
- Along with "I try it" I'm also saying "No try it" meaning that I don't want to try it.
- We hosted a dinner party for our pastor and his family on Friday night. I was on my almost best behavior. I ate all my dinner, and only escaped and shut myself in my room for a little while. Then I rejoined the party. I let the kids play with all of my toys. Mommy and Daddy were really glad that I was being such a good "sharer".
- Still no progress on potty training. I have zero interest lately.
- I had a spring photo shoot on Saturday. Despite refusing to nap yesterday, the pictures turned out fabulous! Mommy and Daddy had such a hard time deciding which ones to buy.
That's it from me this week!
Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment