Happy Easter everyone! I had a very busy week so be prepared for lots of pictures!!
We went to Toddler Tuesday and the special guest was....the EASTER BUNNY. Everyone got these fun bunny ears. The line for the Easter bunny was long so we decided to go on the Easter egg hunt through Nickelodeon Universe first. My friend, Baby Isaac, came with too. He slept through the entire hunt though.
After a successful hunt, we waited in line to see the Easter bunny. I was very patient in line and so was Isaac. Well he was sleeping through the line too. Little babies are so sleepy!!
When it was my turn to meet the bunny I gave him a huge hug. I was so into giving him hugs that I wouldn't turn around for Mommy to get a picture.
I finally took a bit of a breather and Mommy was able to snap this picture. Then it was back to more hugs. Then it was time for Isaac to meet the bunny. Like all encounters with stuffed characters, it was hard to say goodbye to my bunny friend.
Since we didn't get a great photo with the bunny, Mommy and I went back to visit him at a different mall later in the week to get a posed picture. I was so happy to see the Easter bunny again. I ran up to him and jumped up in his lap. Much different experience than with Santa Claus. If Santa looked more like a cartoon and less like a person, I think I'd be more into him.
We dyed Easter eggs one night this week. We got to tie dye them which was really cool!
To tie dye, you use a little dropper and squeeze the dye into the little holes in the egg holder. They turned out pretty cool I think!!
Mommy and I also made Easter cookies. They were so delicious. I tried a few before we even got them all frosted and decorated. I helped to cut out the cookies. Mommy frosted and I was in charge of sprinkles.
Other than Easter-y activities, I was my silly self. One day I got out my winter hat and said I wanted to make a snowman. It might sound crazy but we actually got snow this week so I wasn't that off base. There wasn't enough for a snowman though.
This is Daddy and me hanging out on the steps.
On Saturday we headed down to Grandma's for the weekend. When we got there, we went to the school and got to hunt for Easter eggs. I was very excited about this. We didn't know that there would be a program before the hunt. They told us all about the true meaning of Easter. I amazed everyone by being pretty patient and not that disruptive. I seemed to actually listen to parts of it, and I really liked it when a puppet came out. I'm showing some signs of maturity lately that my parents have been thrilled about--like sitting for longer periods, being interested in an activity for more than 2 minutes, more self-directed play, etc.
They divided the gym into sections for each of the age levels of kids. I got to go to the Pre-K section. Every kid could find 24 eggs. I was very insistent on getting all the grass off the egg before placing it in my basket.
This morning the Easter bunny came to Grandma's house (sometime when I wasn't paying attention obviously) and hid a basket for me to find. I found it without too much trouble.
And since I always do things the same way...the first thing I did was take out all of that dumb Easter grass. And I took out the socks and Dora coloring book and the candy. Then I put the eggs in the basket. Because eggs, and only eggs, belong in the basket!
We went to church and I was pretty well behaved. I made it through the service until the sermon. When I started having my own commentary on the sermon, Mommy took me to the nursery. I was very nervous that she was going to leave me there, but she stayed. After church we went to Dave and Judy's house for Easter lunch.
Mommy put me down for a nap. She was skeptical about me actually taking a nap there with all the commotion. Her skepticism was warranted. About 30-45 min after putting me down, I came trotting down the hall in my sleep sack. How can you sleep when you have fun cousins to play with?! This is Austen and me drawing.
And of course, like all holidays, I took some time to find pirates using my awesome paper towel roll "binoculars" .
When I got home tonight I had one last Easter present to open. Papa and Nana sent me fun bubbles, a Dora puzzle, and this cool pinwheel.
What else is new with me?
I'm getting the top and bottom incisor on one side of my mouth. That leaves the other two incisors and my "2 year molars" that no one is counting on arriving until I'm nearly 3.
I'm constantly saying funny things. One day Mommy was video taping me playing. All of a sudden I came running toward her saying, "No camera!!!" with my arms out in front of me. It reminded Mommy of some TMZ report with Lindsay Lohan or something.
We didn't keep a list of my funny sayings this week so we're coming up a bit dry in this section!
I'll leave you with a couple videos. The first is of me "reading" Brown Bear. Mommy was pouring my milk when she noticed I had gone into the porch, plopped on the big chair, and started "reading" to myself. She grabbed the camera and sneakily started taping me.
The 2nd one is of me at the Easter egg hunt! We have more videos but they take forever to upload and Mommy is tired. Maybe we'll get them up later this week!
I am an active toddler who loves to be silly! I spend most of my day cleaning out the cupboards, climbing stairs, chasing the kitties, and making people laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment