Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Mommy!

We had such a busy week that we didn't get many pictures taken so I thought I'd share one of my spring photos from my photo shoot a few weeks ago.




This week was Mommy's 30th birthday. To celebrate, Daddy took the day off so that Mommy could have a day off from her job (personally, I think taking care of me is more of a priviledge and not a JOB but whatever..). Daddy even took me to dance class so Mommy could do whatever she wanted. Daddy was a little nervous about this but Mommy assured him that I know what to do and would be fine. Sure enough it was. I showed Daddy what to do and it all worked out great. Mommy enjoyed getting to read her book, catch up on some TV shows she had Tivo'd, and putting her feet up! I helped Mommy open all of her presents. More accurately, I opened all of Mommy's presents. I could not be bothered to look up at the camera. Present opening is serious business!









I went to Grandma's house this weekend so that Mommy and Daddy could go out for birthday dinner and have some friends over for a campfire. When the rained cleared up, we went to a park that has animals. We've been trying to go the last few times I've been down but it's ALWAYS raining!






I also took some time to exercise. With all the cake and goodies we had for Mommy's birthday, it was time to work some of that off!








One of my favorite things to do is look out the window and watch the squirrels and birds. I even got to help water plants as you can see in the video at the end.








This cow was pretty fun. I used to always call cows "Moos" but now I call them cows.








What else is new with me?








  • Still working on getting those incisors. My teeth come in at a snail's pace.




  • The weather has been really yucky here. We've had some extremely windy days. Mommy commented that the wind was really howling. I said, "Owls singing?" and now every time the wind "howls" I yell "Owls singing!!" Howling sounds like something an owl would do...right?




  • One day I walked into the kitchen while Mommy was making lunch, wearing only my shirt and diaper. Mommy exclaimed, "Megan! Where are your pants?!" I said, "Don't know" and then proceeded to yell "PAAAAANNNTSS WHERE AAAAAARRRRE YOOOOOOOU" We found them in the living room.




  • A couple weeks ago we borrowed a Sesame Street DVD from the library. One part of it is "Telly and the Triangle of Destiny." I reeeeeally like this part and watched it over and over. Now every time I see a triangle I say, "Triangle of destiny!"




  • I get really excited to go to Grandma's house. So much so that my parents don't tell me until it gets pretty close to going. I usually go on Fridays so I'll say "Go grandma's house? Friday?"





Have a great week!



Megan















3 comments:

  1. *Giggle-snort* at the triangle of destiny. It would be even better if Megan could brandish a sword while saying that.

    And I'm really digging this idea about the working parent taking the day off to give the SAH parent a vacation day on their b-day. Hm....

    Hope you had the happiest b-day ever and a fun party night!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan's Spring photos are cute!!! Where did your parents take her for the animals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura: Mommy did have a very happy birthday. And she liked the "Mommy's day off present." It will be repeated again next year probably! I would also like to have a sword as it would make my "triangle of destiny" shoutouts much more dramatic.

    Diane: Sibley Park in Mankato

    ReplyDelete