Sunday, May 8, 2011

Spring!!

Well folks it was finally nice weather here off and on this week (in between rain showers) so I spent a lot of time outside playing at various parks! The theme of school this week was flowers and I actually did the art project so Mommy was happy. We made flowers, of course. I had lots of fun at dance like usual. So much so, that when I got home I threw a major fit screaming "MORE DANCE! MORE DANCE!" Next week is the last week of dance so I'm going to be really sad. I think I'm going to take a summer class but those don't start until June or July. I might have to start wearing my dance outfit around the house!





Daddy took me on a wagon ride after supper one night this week so Mommy could get some stuff done around the house (nothing exciting, just dishes, laundry, etc). The park sounded much more fun than that so off we went!






Daddy and I played and played. I love going to the park!!








This is me and my little fishy aquarium. I got it when I was a baby and it's supposed to attach to your crib. Well it didn't attach to my crib due to it's design, so it turned into a non-crib toy that I have enjoyed very much since I was a tiny baby. It plays music, the fishies "swim" and there are bubbles. Anyway, I discovered this week that the batteries needed to be changed. I asked Mommy to fix it and she said Daddy would fix it when he came home because she didn't know where the screwdriver was. I forgot about it that day and didn't tell Daddy to fix it. When Mommy woke me up the next day the first thing I said was, "Daddy? Fix it? Batteries?" Mommy gave me the bad news that Daddy had already left for work. It was such a long day waiting for Daddy to come home!! But then I forgot about it by the time he got home. Luckily Mommy told him about it, so he was going to surprise me and fix it for me when he discovered that we didn't have any "C" batteries left. I was really bummed. Friday we FINALLY went to Target and got batteries. I was so excited. I cheerfully exclaimed, "Batteries!" to the Target worker when we got them. As soon as Daddy stepped foot into our house after work, I said, "Daddy! Batteries! Fix it!!" and he fixed it. Daddy is such a hero.










On Friday night, Mommy and some of her friends had a "girls night" and went to a women's expo. That meant it was just me and Daddy so that meant lots of park time! We went to a different park and ran into one of my friends from school! Then we also ran into one of Mommy's friends from college and her family. The park was the place to be on Friday afternoon!












All winter my ECFE teacher would report to Mommy about what a "climber" I was. This was not new information to Mommy as she is constantly telling me to "get down" as I try to scale dangerous things in our house. Now that it's park season, I get to climb all sorts of things!









Don't worry, Daddy didn't let me climb this all the way.








Moooorrreee climbing! Daddy took video of me scaling the climbing wall that you can see at the end of the blog.






On Saturday morning we went to my future elementary school for a 5K race. Daddy ran the 5K race and I participated in the "Kids Sprint." This is me before the race with my official race number!






Much to my delight, there was a dinosaur there! I gave him lots of hugs throughout the morning. We never managed to capture it on film though. Although the local newspaper was there and took a very cute picture of me and the dinosaur. Then she took a picture of Mommy and me. They took down my name and age and everything so maybe I'll end up in the newspaper!







This is Daddy giving me some last minute advice before my big race. I did great! I ran the entire race and was really enthusiastic about it. You can watch video of the beginning and end of the race at the end of the blog.









This is Daddy, me and Mommy after the race. Next up was Daddy's race. We cheered him at the start of the race, then went and played on the playground equipment for 20 minutes, and then watched all the racers come in. I was very into clapping and cheering for all of the participants. I kept thinking that Daddy was coming and would say "goooooo Daddy!" He ran a great race and came in before he said he would.










And today is Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! We started the Mother's Day celebration a little early this morning...like 3 a.m. I have had an off and on cough that only happens when I'm laying down for weeks. I haven't had any other symptoms and have been acting like my normal self. Then in the middle of the night last night I started barking like a seal and woke my parents up. Daddy found the humidifier and got that going while Mommy and I rocked in the rocking chair. After getting the room nice and humid, Mommy laid me back down and I eventually went back to sleep. It didn't seem like our Mother's Day plans were going to happen, but when I got up this morning I was my usual cheery self and wasn't coughing so we decided to go have Mother's Day brunch. I just had to stay in the booth while Mommy or Daddy went to the buffet line and brought me some food.






Mommy got a flower at the restaurant but I was pretty keen on it--so it became my flower. Mommy was pretty sure it wasn't going to make it through the meal but it is still slightly intact tonight although she doesn't forsee it living through the night. It's touch and go at this point.
Also, I was a bit confused by the concept of Mother's Day today. I kept telling Mommy, "Happy Birthday!" There is an episode of Dora called "Happy Mother's Day Mami" in which Dora goes on a hunt for ingredients to make Mami her favorite chocolate banana nut cake. So with all this Mother's Day talk, I kept saying, "Mommy's cake! Mommy's cake!" Daddy thought there might be cake at the brunch buffet we went to but they didn't. We had to settle for chocolate muffins instead. I wasn't satisfied and kept asking all day about "Mommy's cake."













What else is new with me?








  • We didn't keep a list of my weekly funny sayings this week. Oops.




  • Still working on those incisors. Any day now..




  • One day at lunch out of nowhere I said, "Daddy home? Give Daddy a hug" Mommy said that Daddy was at work so I said, "Give Mommy a hug?" I guess I just needed to give someone a hug right then!




Now for the videos!















I've been getting really good at puzzles lately!


Last week I think I mentioned my love of Telly and the Triangle of Destiny. Lucky for me, one day this week I discovered the Triangle of Destiny right in my toy box! Amazing!


Daddy let me zip line at the park.



Watch my mad climbing skills




The beginning of my big race!



The dramatic conclusion to my big race!



Take care everyone! See you next week!













No comments:

Post a Comment