Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Graduate


 Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!  I had a very busy week as always.  This is a picture of me on my last day of school.  I officially graduated from the Toddlers class!  Next fall I will be in a 2-3 year old class.  We got diplomas and everything.  Mommy got a little emotional when we were singing our final goodbye song "Mr. Sun".  I've just grown up so much this year, it made Mommy feel a little sad and proud at the same time.  I'm not the baby I was when I started.  As one of the other mom's told Mommy that she thought I grew up the most of all the kids.  She said, "Megan started the class as a baby and is leaving a little girl."  When I first started school, I would cry when Mommy left and I was really shy and clingy.  Now I'm outgoing and confident.  I say hello and am friendly to everyone--even people I don't know.  I'm ok with Mommy leaving now because I always know that she'll be back soon!    

 

 Let's rewind a bit back to Tuesday.  We met my friend Bella at the mall for Toddler Tuesday.  Neither one of us was that into the program so we went on a fun stroller ride and saw the big fishies and just our luck--we ran into my pal Sharky.  We both gave him biiiiiig hugs!

 One day after nap I went in to play with my kitchen.  I came out with my apron and hat and asked Mommy to help put them on.  I said excitedly, "I baking Mommy!"  On Thursday, we finally had a day with no rain and headed to Como Zoo with my friend Baby Isaac and his mommy.  We had a good time seeing all the animals.  I did not like the fox, who I called "Swiper" although later whenever anyone asked me about what I saw at the zoo, I seemed most excited to talk about the fox I saw.  Go figure.  I also was unimpressed with the penguins.  I kept telling Mommy "No penguins Mommy!  No no penguins!"  It was crazy busy as it was the first nice day of the week and there were a ton of school groups on field trips there.  After the zoo we went out to lunch.  Mommy got to hold Baby Isaac and I thought that looked fun.  I wanted to hold him too but Mommy said it wasn't the best time for that.  Maybe sometime when we are at a house with a couch. 


 This weekend we've been busy doing gardening work in between rain storms.  I was a great help as you can imagine.  Mommy and I came outside to supervise Daddy's work.  I kept wanting to help Daddy.  Finally after the flowers were planted I could help water them with my own little watering can.

 Despite all the rain we had this week, I also found it necessary to water the other shrubs and plants, too.

 This is me just looking cute in my Dora nightgown and matching headband.  Sorry for the weird cropping--blame Mommy for that.  I was sitting next to her and she was in her jammies too and didn't want to broadcast that on the internet.

 Today Daddy took me to the Children's museum.  Mommy stayed home and had a "break". 

 I thought this chalkboard was great fun!

 I was really into the music video room this time.  This is me singing a solo with my guitar.

 This is what I looked like on the TV screen.  I think I might just be the next American Idol.





This is me after I decided to take all the books off my book shelf in about 30 seconds flat.  Mommy heard the commotion and came in.  I proudly exclaimed "I make biiiiiiiig mess Mommy!!"  Mommy wasn't nearly as impressed with me as I was with myself!


And this is me and my teacher Margie.  We get to call teachers by their first name until we can all talk better.  Then I'm sure they'll become Mrs. or Ms.  She was a wonderful teacher!!  I was special to her because I always sat next to her for circle time.  I liked being the song leader.  She also always liked that I would do the various activities at the "centers" she would set up whereas a lot of the other kids just liked to play in the large motor room.  Don't get me wrong--I spent plenty of time climbing and going down slides and riding tricycles, but I did like the learning tables too!

What else is new with me?
  • One night at dinner I asked Mommy if I could have oranges.  She said no as I already had some other fruit.  Since Mommy said no, I said, "Daddy? Oranges?" and he said no too.  So then I said, "Me? Oranges?" and then answered my own question with, "No."   Mommy and Daddy thought that was really funny and laughed so I have been performing this shtick at dinner nightly.
  • I got a package in the mail this week from the Mall of America.  I won the door prize from Toddler Tuesday a couple weeks ago.  It was a Diego knapsack full of Dora markers, a set of Diego playing cards (sort of worthless to a 2 year old at this point), a "mystery wristband" that I need to take to the mall.  It will either be for a free ride, a day of free rides, or a YEAR of free rides.  I can't wait to see what I've won. I also got some mall coupons.  Pretty cool! I think it's the first thing I've ever won--and it just happened to be Dora and Diego stuff!!
  • I'm really into "cute babies" these days.  If I see a baby, I call it a "cute baby".  I met my friends Nolan and Logan at the park one night this week and I said, "Mommy Logan cute baby!"  to that his brother Nolan said, in typical big brother fashion, "he's not cute!" 
  • We discovered a lot of ants in our house so we called our favorite ant people to come over to get rid of them.  When the ant guy came to the door I immediately told him that "Daddy's at work"  and then told him that he'd "be back soon!"  When I discovered the ants in our house I said, "Oooooooo bugs!!" and was fascinated by them.  We're all happy to report that the ants appear to be gone.
  • I almost ate a carrot this week.  Mommy got some shredded carrots for her salad and put some on my plate.  She took one off and nibbled on it saying "Mmmmm gooood carrots!  Mommy have carrots!"  To that I said, "Me carrot!!" because I hate to be left out.  So I started nibbling on it just like Mommy.  Mommy was elated as I have been pretty much on a vegetable (and most foods) strike, not even trying anything.  Then I put a big piece in my mouth and spit all of it out saying, "I don't like it.  No carrot!"  That was the end of that.
  • Every time I come downstairs (either from nap or in the morning after I've gotten up) I declare, "Flowers are home!"  I am still excited that we got to bring flowers home from Gertens last week.

No videos this week!  Enjoy the rest of the long weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love your little toddler phrases Megan!

    Congrats on winning your backpack! I bet you're loving your prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats big girl graduate! That's awesome that she left the class feeling so comfortable there! High five!

    Also - winning the backpack sounds like just about the coolest thing ever for a 2-y-o. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete