Sunday, May 22, 2011

Spring Fun

 Hi everyone! 

Check out my rocking new Dora sunglasses, complete with strawberry pj's and a headband with bed head.  Doesn't get more styling then that! 

 On Tuesday Mommy and I went to Mall of America to see Dora and Diego.  We made it to Toddler Tuesday in record time, and still when we got there, the line for the 10:00 meet-and-greet was already closed!  So we took part in the Dora dance party and then got in line for the 11:00.  Mommy was prepared with a huge snack cup, and a drink.  Luckily my pal Sharky came to visit us in line so that helped pass the time a bit. 
 After waiting 45 minutes in line it was finally my turn!  Then I was a little unsure about going up to Dora and Diego.  I was a bit overwhelmed by it all.  But then Mommy told me to go!!  Dora and Diego's handlers were trying to get me to look at the camera so they said, "Where's Mommy?"  So this is me pointing to her. 
On Tuesday night Mommy had a banquet to go to, so Daddy came home early and took me to this awesome park called "Teddy Bear Park."  It was a good name for it, because there were giant teddy bears!!


There were little teddy bears to sit on too!!  It was such a neat park.  There were all kinds of things to play on like a spider web, a train that had a slide on it, and more!

 After the park, Daddy took me down to see the St. Croix river.  I'm really into rivers due to Dora, so this was really exciting to me!
 Another shot of me admiring the mighty St. Croix.  The water was REALLY high!  We had a lot of snow this year. 
 On Thursday Mommy and me packed up the car and went on a road trip.  We went to a place called "Grandma's park" known better to everyone else as Camp Patterson.  In the morning Mommy asked me if I wanted to go somewhere fun.  I said, "Teddy Bear park?"  Mommy said no that we were going to Grandma park.  Grandma's fourth graders get to go on an overnight camp trip every year.  Since the weather was supposed to be nice, we thought it'd be fun to go too.  Papa teaches bird house making at camp.  Even though I'm not a 4th grader, I still got to make a bird house.  This is me painting on the glue.

 Papa had to help a lot since I'm so little.  I think together, we did a pretty good job. 

 When I got bored of bird house making, we went upstairs for more arts and crafts.  This time I made a "Hairy Head".  Then I pretended to paint for about 20 minutes. 

 This is my finished "Hairy Head".  It's basically a nylon sock with potting soil and grass seed in it.  You put it in water, and it should grow "hair" (grass).  I think it's going to be awesome!

 After arts and crafts time it was time for us to head home so we wouldn't get stuck in too much traffic.  Unfortunately I fell asleep the last 20 minutes of the car ride so I was NOT happy when I was awakened when we got home.  I was reallllly grouchy.  We had to turn around and go to our small group BBQ.  My parents weren't sure how that was going to go.  They reminded me that their yard is like a park, so then I was ok.  I was still really "touchy" the rest of the night but we made it through. 

 To cap off the week of picnics and BBQ's, we had my school picnic Friday night.  My favorite band, The Teddy Bear Band, was playing so it was pretty exciting.  We brought our own picnic supper and sat on blankets in the gym since it was raining.  It was lots of fun.

 Since it's been raining all weekend we set up my new tent/tunnel in the basement for lots of indoor fun.  Pretty cool huh?  Only 5 dollars at the garage sales last week!

Weee!  Fun tunnel time! 

What else is new with me?
  • I'm really into flowers.  My Nana should be really impressed by my enthusiasm for flowers and plants.  This morning we went to a big nursery to pick out some annuals, a hanging flower plant, and some plants to put in pots, well as a few veggies and herbs for our veggie garden.  I loved it!  Then a big rain storm came and we had to take shelter inside so that was exciting.  When we were paying for our stuff, one of the workers was putting our flowers into boxes and I told her, "No take flowers!!!!"  Mommy explained that she wasn't taking them--she was just putting them into boxes for us to carry home.  Then on the way home I got really sad and said, "More flower store?"  Apparently spending over an hour at Gertens wasn't enough for me. 
  • On Friday Mommy had to go to the dentist so Daddy met us there over his lunch break and took me to the mall because it was raining (of course!).  I got to go on the carousel as well as a bunch of other little rides that take quarters.  Then Mommy met us there and we all had lunch.  It was really fun! Mommy should go to the dentist more often, in my opinion!
  • On Wednesday night Mommy and Daddy had a dinner date night so my pals Nolan and Logan came over to play with me.  When my parents came home we found out that I have a new baby cousin---a BOY cousin!  So now I have 4 girl cousins and 1 boy cousin! 
  • This week the theme of school was birthdays!  I thought this was a great theme.  I kept saying "Happy Happy Birthday!"  Then I wanted Mommy to sing the happy birthday song.  When it got to the part where you say whose birthday it is, Mommy paused and I said "School!" 
  • I woke my parents up around 5 am one morning saying "oh no cookie!" over and over.  I was having a bad dream about something tragic happening to a cookie.  I wish I could remember exactly what happened as my parents are really curious to what was actually going on with my dream.  Luckily after getting a pacifier and my blanky I went right back to sleep.
Time for videos


This is me at Dora's dance party. 

My "Sharky" encounter. 

Making a bird house with Papa at Camp Patterson

Bouncing in the bouncy house at the ECFE picnic

1 comment: