Well Spring is FINALLY here! We spent a lot of time outside this week since all of the snow is officially gone (in our yard--there are still some piles around). It was between 50-75 this week depending on the day. Daddy put together my wagon that I got for my birthday from Grandma and Papa and we got to go for a spin today. No jackets as it was 75 this afternoon when I got up from my nap. Amazingly 2 hours later when we left for church it was 50!
So what did I do this week besides running around outside? On Monday my new friend, Baby Isaac, came over to play and have lunch with me. I love babies so it was a real treat. And I can say "Baby Isaac" so everyone thinks that is cute. I kept talking about him all week. He made a big impression on me.
The theme for school this week was "Birds". I painted a bird and put feathers on it. I also got to play with bird seed which was a lot of fun--scooping it up, dumping it out, scooping it up and dumping some more! On Thursday I was a really good dancer again. My teacher told Mommy that I really knew all of my routines. Mommy was able to only get a really short video this week. She'll try to do better next week.
This weekend I went to Grandma's house. My parents didn't have anything special going on, but Grandma and Papa missed me so I got to go. I always get VERY excited about going to their house so Mommy can't tell me that I'm going until the day I'm going. Otherwise I ask every 5 minutes, "Grandma's house? Grandma's house? Grandma's house?" and she gets annoyed.
This is Daddy and me playing with bubbles. I love bubbles!!!
One night this week we went for a really fun stroller ride. Then the next night Mommy and Daddy wanted to go on another walk. I would have nothing of it and refused to go in the stroller. So we just played outside. Then it was time to go inside for a bath and suddenly all I wanted to do was go for a stroller ride. My parents said it was too late. In an act of desperation I hurled myself into the stroller. That maneuver didn't work either and it was inside for a bath. That was a real bummer and I may have thrown a tantrum over that. Mommy and Daddy always give me fair warning that it's almost time to go in. They said "In a few minutes we have to go inside" and "When Mommy's timer goes off in a few minutes, we have to go inside." To that I say, "nooooo noooo minutes! " Minutes seem like a terrible thing to me!
While I was at Grandma's this weekend, Mommy and Daddy kept busy by doing yard work and running errands. Mommy and a friend threw a baby shower for another friend. I was really excited to come home to the leftover balloons! I've been playing with them a lot. My parents think it's funny because I pronounce balloons with the emphasis on the "Ball" so I say "BALL loons"
What else is new with me?
One of my new favorite phrases to say is "Mmmmmmmm delicious!" I'm not really eating anything decadent--usually what I find to be delicious are things like crackers.
Mommy took me to the park the other day and I made a friend. He's an older boy (about 7) named Nathan. He really wants to be a big brother but his mom told my mom that he's "the end of the line.." after having 4 boys. Anyway, he really liked me and played with me a lot. He asked my mommy if I was the babysitter. Mommy said, "No, I'm Megan's mom." He said, "You look like a babysitter to me!" Mommy thought really highly of him after that.
One day Mommy was writing something on paper. I noted that she was writing "letters". Then I said, "M G N me!" My parents find it amusing that I can almost spell my name, but yet refuse to say it. I almost NEVER will say Megan. If someone asks me my name, I say "Me!"
After reading a lot of Dora books and watching her shows, I have learned quite a bit of Spanish. I intermix Spanish and English words all the time. One day when walking down the steps I started counting in Spanish (usually I count the steps in English every time I go down stairs). I missed "cuatro" and "seis" but mostly got from uno to ocho. Mommy had no idea I could count in Spanish. Then when I got to the bottom of the steps I had to climb back up, come back down again, and this time count in English--because you know, I always have to do things the SAME WAY every time.
Mommy took a bunch of videos this week but they are being really slow to upload. So we'll just leave you with one, and hopefully tomorrow when we wake up the rest will be done and we'll post them too!
I am an active toddler who loves to be silly! I spend most of my day cleaning out the cupboards, climbing stairs, chasing the kitties, and making people laugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment