Sunday, April 17, 2011

Swim Swim Swim!

Greetings! I'm back from a fabulous weekend vacation to Wisconsin. My favorite thing about Wisconsin is their great abundance of water parks. The Legreds and Andresens joined us for a fun weekend of splashing, sliding, and swimming!
My parents got a 2 bedroom suite so that I could have my own room and they wouldn't have to go to bed at 8:30 p.m. All the moms and dads wanted to sit around and talk after all of us kids went to bed. Well unfortunately, the room with a door was the "king suite" and the bunk beds were out in the main area where Mommy and Daddy planned on entertaining. So I got the king suite and Mommy and Daddy slept in bunk beds. You might be wondering who got the top bunk...that would be no one as there were 2 bunk beds. If it were me, I would have climbed to the top...but I'm much more adventurous than my parents. Come to think of it, I did climb up to the top bunk, but I was told to "Get down!" almost immediately.


After a good night's sleep on Friday I was ready to hit the water park bright and early.


Daddy and I had a lot of fun! Mommy isn't as fun at water parks because she doesn't like all the stuff that sprays water on you. So Daddy is my definite preferred parent when it comes to water parks--because I LOVE all the stuff that sprays water all over!!



This is Nolan's little brother Logan and his daddy taking a little nap in the water park. This scene was so cute that an employee of the water park asked if they could use it for their website. Logan is going to be famous!


There was no time for resting for me however! I was a maniac trying everything. I liked this duck a lot. I also really liked the "waterfalls" that would happen every 15 minutes or so. Every time the warning buzzer went off, I made Daddy "count it" (1....2....3!) until the big basket of water dumped all over everyone. The other thing I really liked was the wave pool. Every 15 minutes or so, the wave pool would get..well..wavy! It was just like the ocean. I kept yelling "Salta!" every time a wave came. Salta means jump in Spanish. I would jump the waves in an inner tube, and then sometimes I would jump the waves holding onto my parents' hands. No matter how I was jumping, I said "SALTA!" every time.


This was the scene outside of our temperature controlled humid environment. More snow! What happened to spring? I'm happy to report that the snow was all gone by later in the afternoon. Whew!



It was time to break for lunch. We headed to the restaurant on site. We were pretty much the only people there which was good because there were 3 toddlers and an almost toddler. We didn't have to worry about disrupting anyone. Us toddlers dined on mac and cheese, nuggets and grilled cheese while the grown ups had overcooked hamburgers. I especially liked drinking milk out of this special cup with a fun straw.



After a much needed nap, we all headed back to the water park again. Even though the water park was indoors, I was very insistent that I wear my hat. I would take it off once we got to the water park, but it had to be put on before we left our hotel room.


After more fun in the water park it was time to get cleaned up for supper. This is the whole gang. Not an easy task to get us all on the couch at once, and seated, and looking in the general direction of the cameras. From left to right-- Ethan (I call him Efan), Nolan (aka Joe Mauer), Logan, and me!
This morning we headed back to the water park one last time. We were there right at 9:00 when they opened so I was the first one up the steps!


These little water bouncers were really fun. There is a video of me jumping around below.


Other than water park fun....what have I been up to?


  • We had small group again this week and I let one of the teenagers take care of me, so Mom and Dad got to participate better.

  • Mommy got a good video of me dancing this week that will be at the end of the blog. We did our "without Mommy" dance again so Mommy could take a good video.

  • We lost our list of the funny things I say during the week so we're going to do our best to remember.

  • When I came home from small group on Thursday night I had my hood over my eyes and ran into the wall. I started to cry. Mommy asked me if I was ok and I said, "Kiss it!" so she kissed my head. Then I said, "Kleenex!" (I always need a Kleenex when I cry so I can dry my tears). While still crying a bit I declared, "All done crying!" and ran off and played. This whole episode lasted about 30 seconds.

  • On Friday we went to Sam's Club because it was their open house weekend and Mommy figured they'd have good samples to try. She was right. There were samples galore and I loved it. I tried many things that I would never eat at home. I fell in love with bacon. Mommy was surprised at first but then wasn't as I seem to only eat the high fat meats. I kept saying, "mmmmmm delicious!"

  • On Tuesday my friend Bella came over for a play date. Mommy forgot to take pictures but we had a lot of fun. We played outside, went on a wagon ride, and blew a lot of bubbles. At first I wasn't that happy that she showed up as I was under the impression we were going to her house. But I got over that and we had fun.

  • My new thing is to say, "High Five Mommy! Awesome!"

  • Tonight the room where we have nursery at church was booked by someone else, so we got to have free reign in the indoor park there. I've never gone there before because my parents have been avoiding taking me there. For some reason they think once I go there, I will think that I get to go there every time. It's not a free park, so it's not something that you can just pop into for a few minutes "just to say you went." Anyway, Daddy stayed with me during church and we had a great time. I loved climbing all over and going down slides. There was a pretend boat that I liked too. I got in and yelled, "Life jackets!" Daddy said we didn't have any life jackets. So I said, "Backpack!" because backpack always has life jackets. Unfortunately I don't have a magic backpack like Dora.

Enjoy the videos!






2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, although it sounds like Mommy is quite the water park party pooper. Haha :)

    Bella is going to be THRILLED with these new videos. The combination of so many exciting things: Megan! Water! Dancing! Slides! You have just filled a whole 10 minutes of the day. Thank you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how Megan enjoys the water so much. Takes after her daddy!

    ReplyDelete