Monday, June 6, 2011

Big Girl

Hello everyone!  Well today is another day and it was better than yesterday so we are all happy about that!  The big news of the week is that I started potty training this week.  I started using the potty sometimes back in December.  At that time I was really enthusiastic about sitting on the potty but I didn't "do" anything.  Then I think in January or so I was successful a few times.  And then by February or so I refused to go on the potty at all.  Mommy has tried coaxing me from time to time but decided to just let it go until summer when my activities were done and we could focus on the potty.  Well this week started summer for me so it was "Potty time!"  The first hurdle was to get me to actually sit on the potty since I haven't done that in months.  The combination of promising a chocolate chip and an Elmo sticker (and a bladder full of juice and milk) convinced me to go on Tuesday.  I had forgotten how fun it is to go potty because everyone makes a huge deal out of it, and my potty even sings me a congratulations song.  I think I was successful 4 times on Tuesday.  On Wednesday I think I went 5 times.  Then I think on Thursday I only went 1 or 2 times, then went back to doing well on Friday again.  Over the weekend I hit a bit of a slump and didn't go at all on Sunday (probably added to my parents' frustrations with me).  But today was a new day like I said, and I successfully went 5 times on the potty!  Yay me!  It helped that Mommy pulled out the big guns and revealed new Thomas and Friends stickers.  That was enough motivation for me to try again. 
Since I'm such a big girl now, it was time for a proper bedding set!  As a reward for doing so good with the potty this week I got a Dora toddler bedding set.  I call my bed now, "Dora's bed."  Mommy showed me what it looked like online so I knew it was coming.  When the package arrived this week I was so excited.  I wanted them on my bed right away so I could sleep on it for nap, but Mommy said we needed to wash it first.  The sheets were really stiff and needed a good dose of fabric softener.  Mommy said that she definitely paid for the Dora character, and not for the high quality sheets.  Definitely not 500 thread count Egyptian cotton! 
This week we stayed pretty close to home and didn't schedule any activities because we were focused on using the potty.  But we did manage a few walks to the park for some fun! 
Weeeee! 
On Saturday we took a morning stroll around a local lake and then went to the park for a bit afterward.  We didn't stay long as there isn't much shade there and we were all getting pretty hot!  But I did manage to "climb climb climb!" as always.  I am fearless when it comes to climbing.
On Sunday we went to Nolan's house for his big 3rd birthday bash.  It was a beautiful day outside so us kids got to play a bit too along with all the official birthday activities like cake and presents!  Nolan has an awesome sandbox!
I was most excited about the birthday cake.  I kept telling Nolan to blow the candles.  The cake was delicious and it was fun to sing happy birthday to Nolan.  In fact, when I got home and was supposed to be napping I was singing happy birthday to Nolan in my bed.
In case anyone was interested in how my "Hairy Head" was doing.  Here you go!  After taking this picture, Mommy gave him a haircut. He now has bangs!
Along with my new Dora bedding set, I also got some wall decals.  We put these up this weekend.  I was soo excited.  I asked Daddy to pick me up so I could give Dora a biiiiiiiig hug!  I'll tell you, it's not easy giving a hug to a wall. 

What else is new with me?
  • I love to sing Old MacDonald.  I like to do it as a duet with Mommy singing some parts, and me singing some parts.  I always get to pick the animal, and do the animal noises.  One day for the "animal' I picked Mommy.  My parents were curious to see what "Mommy" would "say" in the song.  It got to that crucial part, "With a ________ ________ here"  and I said "big hug!"   My parents were relieved.  Then the next verse I said Daddy as the "animal."  When it got to the "With a ____  _____ here" part I said, "Big hug!" again.  My parents thought that was cute...and they were glad it was something so positive.  Mommy was certain it would be "get down!" or "no!" 
  • I woke up at 2:30 a.m. last night calling for Mommy.  Mommy came into my room and I was sitting up.  She asked me what was wrong and I grabbed her hands and said "Prayers!"  So Mommy prayed, "Dear Jesus, please help Megan go back to sleep.  Amen."  I plopped back down on my pillow and said "night night Mommy!"  and went back to sleep.  Who says God doesn't answer prayer!  Sometimes immediately!
  • On Friday night we went out to eat at Famous Dave's.  This was the first time we've tried to eat at a "sit down" place in a long time.  It went pretty well.  I sat in my booster seat the entire time, my parents got to eat their meal, and I dined on two Oreos from my kid's meal and two cups of milk.  I got to bring my actual dinner home in a box and ate it for lunch the next day (and today too, it was a lot!) 


This is a video of me after Mommy put my new Dora sheets on my bed.  I was slightly excited about it as you can see!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool new bed! We start potty training this weekend w/Cal, so I hope it goes well!

    Thanks for the Hairy Head update, you can't forget him!

    I love the "prayers" call at 2:30am. . .

    ReplyDelete