But alas, I finally looked and Mommy was fast enough to quick snap a picture.
This is me waving goodbye to my new friend, TC!
Baby Isaac got to meet TC Bear too. He liked him a lot, too. After visiting TC, we strolled around the mall a bit. We went to visit the fishies at the Rainforest Cafe as always. Then it was time for lunch. This week we went to Noodles and Company. I had a nice booster seat, also known as my "special seat" but I really just wanted to be as close to Baby Isaac as possible. I LOOOOOOOOVE Baby Isaac.
This is Baby Isaac and me holding hands. I try to be a really good friend. When he was crying, I tried to give him his toy. He didn't want it, but I insisted. I didn't get much lunch eaten as I was too busy being a really good helper.
The beginning of the week was what Mommy calls "ridiculously hot." Monday was extremely humid and in the upper 90's. Then Tuesday rolled around. It was a little less humid but it got up to 103. Mommy took this picture at a stoplight. It had read 100, but of course at the stoplight it switched to 99. But by the afternoon it got up to 103. That is really hot for us Minnesotans who just a few weeks ago were seeing snow flurries. So we stayed mostly inside with all the shades drawn, lights off, and enjoying the air conditioning. On Thursday I had my first music class. It was the free demo class they offer to entice people to sign up. We already signed up but I'm going to miss the first class because I'll be on vacation. So this was a make up for that. I really enjoyed it. At first I was super clingy to Mommy, which surprised her as I've been pretty much over my clinginess. But once the class got rolling I was really into all the clapping, singing, marching, and playing of instruments. I'm going to really like "music school"! At one point of the class, we got to pick out pretty scarves. At dance class, I always give the "prop" to the teacher. Well the music teacher already had one, so I tried to give one to another mom and she had a scarf already too. Flustered, I looked around to see who didn't have one. I noticed a baby in it's car seat carrier didn't have one, so I went over and gave it to her. Everyone thought that was very sweet. I kept going over to the baby and crouching down to smile at her. I love babies!
On Friday night we went back to the Mall of America. Mommy forgot to buy something she needed and I still had my "Mystery Ticket" from when I won the drawing at Toddler Tuesday a few weeks ago. The mystery ticket would either be for 1 free ride, a day of rides, or a year of rides. I got the 1 free ride--but lucky for me, I'm a kid so I got to go on 2 rides. Instead of tickets, you buy "points" for each ride. Kiddie rides are 3 points a piece and big kid rides are 6. My ticket had 6 points on it so I got two rides. I chose Azul the Train ride and the Big Rigs.
On our way out we had to stop and look at the fishies again. Daddy doesn't get to see them every Tuesday like I do, so I thought he needed the opportunity. When we got there, this fun frog was there. So it was a two stuffed character hug week!
This is Mommy and me amazed by all the biiiiiiig fishies!
So remember how hot it was earlier in the week? By the weekend it got downright chilly. Notice I'm wearing a sweatshirt. It was cold! We came down on Sunday to Grandma's cabin to put the dock in and then we went to Grandma's house for a nap. After my nap I got to go to a graduation party that was at a farm. I was really into the ropes that were holding the tent. Daddy was trying to get me to look Mommy's way by playing peek-a-boo but it just made me want to play peek-a-boo too!
I tried my best to take the tent down but alas, I was not strong enough!
Since the party was at the farm, I not only got to enjoy a party, but I also got to see some farm kitties and some cows!
This is Grandma, me, and a fun cow. I thought they were really cool. After the farm we went back to Grandma's for a bit. I played with Steve's new iPad. That was really cool. Steve even had a Dora game. Who knew Steve was such a fan of Dora too?
What else is new with me?
- Potty training is continuing to go really well. I use the potty several times a day. I have a hard time staying dry in the first few hours of the morning, but after that I've been doing really good. I don't even require stickers or treats to entice me to go..I just go. I've even gone potty out in public places like the mall, the park (when I was with Daddy! First visit to the men's bathroom!), music class, etc. Most of the time you have to remind me to go, but I have told my parents that it was "potty time" a few times.
- When I go potty I always exclaim, "It's working!"
- I have finally started using my own name. In the past, when referring to myself, I would just say "me". Now I will say "Megan". Sometimes it comes out more like "Mengen". This is big progress!
- My music class is held in the building at a park I like to go to. When Daddy took me to that park this week I thought I was going to get to play with the maracas again.
- On Friday we had lunch with Mommy's former co-workers. I was mostly good although I got a little squirmy and I didn't really eat much (which is not that different from home--I'm just not really into eating). Afterward we went to visit Daddy at work. I was so excited to finally see this place! I guess I've been there before but it's been awhile. I got to see Daddy's office and all the pictures of me. When it was time to go I was really sad that Daddy had to stay at work.
- I took a break from napping last week which made Mommy pretty crabby. I skipped naps on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. I seem to be back on track with naps as I took naps all weekend and today. I'm not really ready to give up a nap completely as I tend to melt down after about 6:00 if I don't take a nap.
- I got another haircut this week. I was NOT excited about going to get my haircut. I reverted back to my old haircut behaviors and cried through the whole thing. Then when it was over, I jumped down and said "Haircut fun!" just like last time.
No comments:
Post a Comment