But first things first. I have come up with this new fun game that I call "Sleepover." I bring down all the sheets and blankies and my stuffed animals, and of course my "cratfers" (pacifiers). Then I make a little bed on the floor and pretend to sleep. I do this pretty much every day.
On Tuesday we went to the Children's Museum with my friends Logan and Nolan. This is me pretending to be a mail carrier.
I spent a lot of time with the summer intern. She had all these fun puppy puppets that had leashes. You could take a puppy for a walk! I would always walk the puppies over to the dog house. They also had food and water dishes to feed the puppies. I had a lot of fun.
On Wednesday it was finally Grandma's birthday party day. The festivities started with my dance class. Everyone got to watch me dance and I loved performing for them.
The Elmo dance with the tambourines is always my favorite!
After class I always run into the boutique and have to check out all the hair bows. I like them all. Mommy says I need some more hair before most of them will "fit". After dance class we went to a few stores and picked up lunch.
I was in charge of picking out Grandma's birthday cake. I was very excited for this task. First I picked out Dora cupcakes (not that surprising). Mommy said we couldn't get them as there were 24 and we didn't need that much cake. Mommy didn't think Daddy would want to bring the leftovers into work. Then I thought she'd like Hello Kitty cupcakes. Again, Mommy said no since there were too many. Then I found the perfect cake....a BASEBALL CAKE! I told Mommy "Grandma will like it!" Mommy tried a few times to convince me to pick a different cake, but I was sold. Baseball cake it was! When we were in the car with Grandma, Mommy said, "You'll never guess what kind of cake Megan picked out." Before anyone had a chance to guess I yelled out, "A BASEBALL CAKE!!!" I was really excited about it. All week I was excited to blow out Grandma's candles. It's really one of the best parts of a birthday party. It took several tries, but eventually we got all the candles blown out.
Since it was Grandma's birthday, I got to skip my nap and we headed to my favorite park, Teddy Bear park!
I had a great time showing everyone around Teddy Bear park. After we played for awhile, I showed them the cool river. Then we got ice cream! It was a perfect day!
This weekend we went down to Wells for the big Kernal Days celebration. My daddy played in the cribbage tournament and got 2nd place!! After the tournament we went to the park. I was most excited to just play on the playground. Then I found these fun hay bales. They were set up as "seats" for people watching the shows at the stage. I had to try each of them out. There is a video of me trying them all out at the end of the blog.
I was going to try each and every one of the hay bales out until the petting zoo caught my eye. These little kitties were "sooo cute!"
This is me giving a little hug to a pony.
On Saturday night was the big parade. It was a bit cool so lucky I had my hoodie with. I loved the parade. I got to watch it with my pal Ethan. We both got popcicles courtesy of the local grocery store where Mommy used to work in high school.
On Sunday morning we went to a pancake breakfast. To me, pancakes are just the perfect food so I was really excited to get pancakes! I ate two big pancakes! This is me with my clean plate!
After the breakfast we headed to Grandma's cabin. I got to play with my new sand box from Great Aunt Judy and Great Uncle Dave. They had this sand box for when their grandkids were little. They aren't little anymore so I get it now! At first, I found the cover to be the most fun.
Then after all the sand toys came out it was much more fun! I got nice and dirty at the cabin!
I was playing and suddenly 2 huge dogs came into our yard. I squealed with delight. This puppy gave me a few kisses and I got to pet him. He was a rescue dog from Fargo, hence his name, Fargo.
And we'll end with a fun photo of me throwing rocks into the lake.
What else is new with me?
- The adventures in potty training continue. Still no progress on the #2 front. Mommy and Daddy are getting frustrated with me. I had been accident free on the #1 front for over two weeks until Thursday. While Mommy showers, I always play with toys in the bathroom. Mommy stepped into the shower, got her hair all soaped up, and heard me whimper. She peeked her head out and saw me standing in a puddle. Mommy was a bit frustrated that I was not even 2 ft away from the potty. She told me to stay still, and that she'd help me when she got the shampoo out of her hair. Well, I didn't listen and I started walking, slipped on my pee, and landed on the floor with a splat. Mommy, exasperated, said "Megan just sit there and don't move!" Well of coure I couldn't do that either. I thought it was really fun to stomp in my puddle. Needless to say, Mommy didn't get to finish her shower. She jumped out and threw me in the tub to get cleaned up. Then she had to clean up the bathroom mess too. Mommy said it was one of those stories that is only funny after the fact. She was not happy at the time.
- After that little episode, Mommy decided to take me to preschool storytime at the library. That was a mistake. I am clearly not ready for preschool story time. I was being disruptive and not sitting and listening to the story, so we had to leave. I wasn't winning "child of the year" that day.
This is me checking out all the hay bales. I had gone on several before Daddy started filming. I would have tried all of them but the petting zoo caught my eye.
This is my friend Ethan and I jamming out to the Methodist church band at the parade.










I chuckled aloud when I read your potty training 'incident'. I can totally relate on how frustrating, annoying, yet rewarding it can be! We've had our share of 'accidents' that happened so closely to the toilet. . . sigh. This too shall pass!
ReplyDelete