Sunday, August 14, 2011

 Hola!  Well it's always a good week when you can say you got to give a BIIIIGGG hug to your hero Dora the Explorer.  She was visiting Toddler Tuesday this week for "Dora's Ballet Adventure".  The line to meet Dora was what Mommy would describe as "ridiculously long" but thanks to a bag of snacks, my good pal baby Isaac, and the various distractions at Nickelodeon Universe I made it.  In total, we waited about an hour in line.  But it's all worth it!  I was so excited that as soon as Mommy unbuckled me from my stroller I went running under the line and ran straight to Dora.  Unfortunately it wasn't my turn, and Dora's handlers and Mommy had to get involved and bring me back in line.  The kids in front of me were super shy and didn't want to even go up to Dora.  I thought I'd just show them how it's done.  Mommy said I had to be patient and wait my turn.  When it was my turn I gave her a biiiig hug as promised, and managed to stop hugging for a few seconds to snap a picture. 

 There was a much smaller line to give "Blue" from Blue's Clues a hug.  We waited about 30 seconds.  I was a little nervous around Blue for some reason--maybe because I didn't have long to think about it since the line was so short. 
 This was the last week for the Puppet Wagon in town so that was a bummer.  I always like going to see the free shows.  We were so busy last week that we didn't make it to see the show until Thursday!  Speaking of things ending, my last music class was Friday.  My regular teacher wasn't there because, tragically, she lost her brother in Afghanistan last week.  So keep my music teacher, Marie, and her family in your prayers. The substitute teacher did a good job though and we still managed to sing some fun songs even though everyone was sad for our teacher.  After music class we went to the "Coin Carnival".  A coin carnival, as it turns out, is basically a bunch of little carnival games you can play.  You buy tickets, give the people a ticket or two, play a game, and then pick out a prize.  I LOVED this!  I had a little trouble obeying the rules of the games, but since I'm so little, the people let it slide.  I enjoyed the bean bag toss, the knock-over-a-troll game, pick-a-duck, spin-the-wheel, and various other carnival games.  They also had the puppet wagon there giving shows so I got to see one last show!  AND the best part was they had a bouncy house.  Mommy didn't get any good pictures of me playing the carnival games because she was by herself and it was hard to take pictures when she was trying to get me to somewhat follow the rules of the games.  


 To add to the fun of the week, on Saturday morning we headed to St Paul to "Choo Choo Bob's Train Store."  This place was GREAT!  Engineer Paul had story time where he read train books and we sang train songs, and did a train puzzle. 

 After the show, we went to the back of the store where they have several tables set up with train sets.  I played on all the tables for quite some time.  I think I might be asking Santa for a train set for Christmas!  


They also had electric train sets that were really fun to watch.  Daddy took a fun video that you'll see at the end of the blog.

 And because that wasn't enough fun for one weekend, this morning we headed back to St Paul for the annual Irish Fair.  Mommy and Daddy have talked about going to this for well..the last 7 years probably but never have made it.  The weather cooperated with us this morning and we headed out.  One of my favorite bands, The Okee Dokee Brothers, were playing in the children's tent so that was a special treat.  Mommy and Daddy enjoyed eating some traditional and not-so-traditional Irish fare while I ate my picnic lunch that Mommy packed since I don't partake in that sort of food.  I did consume some of Daddy's "chips" that came with his Fish and Chips.  Does that count?  Oh and I had a really traditional "Irish Chocolate Chip Cookie". 


Tonight we had church and I was really good in nursery again.  I went potty 3 times during the service.  Mommy asked if they had to ask me to go and the workers said, "Nope! She came to us each time saying "I go potty again?"  and I actually went all three times.  I have gone almost 2 weeks without an accident (well we won't count the #2 accidents...I've got a ways to go there..).  Mommy and I came home after church and Daddy stayed for a meeting.  I went to my toy box, took out my princess costume, got "dressed", came into the kitchen and exclaimed, "MOMMY! I'm a TRUE princess!" 

What else is new with me?
  • Like I said earlier, I'm pretty much 100% #1 trained...and about 1% #2 trained.  Mommy and Daddy have tried everything to try and get me interested in going in the potty.  I know I'm supposed to.  If you ask me where it goes I will say, "In the potty--not in the underwear!"   They even bought me a bunch of small presents that I picked out at Target, wrapped them in pretty purple (my fav color) wrapping paper, and told me if I went in the potty and not in my underwear, that I'd get to open a present.  Still wasn't enough for me.  Tonight I had an accident in my diaper after my parents put me to bed.  Daddy came up to see why I wasn't going to sleep and discovered why.  He said "Megan you don't go in your underwear!"  To that I replied, "I go in my diaper".  Daddy said that wasn't acceptable either. 
  • I was helping Mommy make some banana bread because we had a bunch of overripe bananas.  When Mommy cracked the eggs to put egg whites in, I said, "Mommy! The eggs are hatching!"
  • On the way to the coin carnival I told Mommy that I was going to get yellow tickets.  Mommy, not knowing what color the tickets were going to be, tried to manage my expectations a bit saying that the tickets might not be yellow.  Imagine my delight when the tickets really were yellow!


Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment