Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Busy Bee

  Hello everyone!  So sorry my blog is late.  I was at Grandma's this weekend and then we had house guests yesterday so this was my first chance to blog!   So let's see, what happened last week?  On Monday I got to meet my friend Bella's new little brother.  He was soooooo cute!  I love babies, you know!  On Tuesday Daddy took the morning off from work to take me to the amusement park at MOA.  We went on all kinds of rides. It was great!

 I have been doing great with the potty, but not so great at the mall.  I don't mind going potty in public places (in fact, I usually think it's fun to try out new bathrooms) but I have a real fear of the loud hand dryers.  And at the mall, they have the super loud, super-powered hand dryers that freak me out.  I refuse to go potty there.  So anyway, while Daddy was holding me in line, I really had to go and forgot to tell Daddy and well.. let's just say both of us got wet.  Mommy brought a change of clothes for me, but not for Daddy unfortunately. 
 So I got changed, and Daddy utilized the very scary hand dryers, and we were able to go on one more ride before going home. 
 Tuesday night was our annual block party.  The block party or "the summer party" as I like to call it, was sooooo much fun! 
 The firetrucks came and we got to crawl around inside.  I made sure to put on my seat belt, you know..to be safe!  One of the firemen was really impressed when Daddy asked me why we were seat belts.  I said proudly, "To be SAFE!"  Dora taught me that!

 More hanging around the fire truck
 Time to try another seat in the firetruck.  More seat belt action.

 Me in the back seat of a police car.  This picture illustrates why kids my age need to still be in car seats.  A seat belt just doesn't work for a little person! 


 Our neighbors got a puppy this summer named Max.  Max hung outside during the party.  I had lots of fun petting him.  In turn, he gave me lots of puppy kisses.

 See how nice I'm sharing my baby and stroller with a neighbor girl?  It took a bit of convincing but eventually I gave in and shared my toys.

 On Wednesday I had dance class.  Mommy was a bit concerned when we showed up as my regular dance teacher was out, and another teacher was substituting.  I don't do well with change usually but, hey maybe I've matured!  I did just fine with my new teacher.  It isn't every day that Miss Minnesota International is your dance teacher!  This is me doing the "Beanie Bag Dance" 
 The tambourine dance to the tune of Mickey Mouse

 Learning from my teacher.  I love dance class!  Enjoy a few short videos at the end of the blog.

 On Thursday morning Mommy and I headed over to Daddy's work.  Mommy and I were going to have lunch with Mommy's former co-workers.  We got there a little early, so we decided to drop in and say hello to Daddy.  I decided while I was in Daddy's office, that maybe I should do a little work too.

 It was hard to work when I was so distracted by all the fun pictures of me in Daddy's office.  It was fun remembering what I was doing in all the pictures and telling everyone about them.

 On Friday I had music class and then we got to have lunch at the mall with baby Isaac and his mommy.  My favorite thing about this mall is the little quarter rides.  This is me riding the fake Percy train. 

 We brought dinner over to our pastor's house on Friday afternoon because they were moving to a new house.  No dinner is complete without yummy dessert so we made them some yummy chocolate cupcakes.  I'm a very good helper in the kitchen.  I like stirring the most.  Mommy and I take turns.

 On Saturday we headed to Grandma's cabin.  I had all sorts of fun.  We put together some lawn games. 

 I was really good at bean bags! 

 And not too shabby at the golf ball game either!

 We kept a few of the chocolate cupcakes for ourselves and brought them to the cabin.  I enjoyed my delicious creation very much!

 No trip to the cabin is complete without a kayak ride with Uncle Steve!

 Lucky for me, my parents went home and I got to spend the rest of the weekend at Grandma's.  On Sunday we went to feed the ducks.  They really like stale cereal!

More cereal for the quackies!

 Then we noticed a sign that said you weren't supposed to feed the quackies.  Ooops. 

 I got my exercise running across the really long bridge.  I love bridges! 
This is me being silly wearing my great-grandpa's old winter hat.  

I tried getting this picture next to the other amusement park pictures but blogger wasn't letting me.  So here it is at the end.  Who would ride on a horsie when this big wild cat was available!  Weeee!

Since I'm tall enough now, I got to drive the truck on the truck ride all by myself!  I thought it was awesome! 



Doing the scarf dance.  Unfortunately Mommy had to tape me from outside the classroom so you hear a lot of the "lobby noise" instead of the dance music in these videos


This is the "jack in the box" song where we get to dance like a bunch of different animals that pop out of the jack in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment