Sunday, July 31, 2011

Twinkle Toes

 Hello everyone!  Well it got hot here again so it was time to break out the pool.  This was my present for doing so good with my potty training.  I have been wearing big girl underwear exclusively and been doing a pretty good job.

 This week Daddy came home from work early one day and it was so nice out we had to go to the park. 
 I went into the grassy area and picked Mommy a really nice flower.   How sweet!

 On Saturday we headed to Grandma's cabin.  I got to go on two kayak rides with Uncle Steve.  We got to pick a lily pad, and two water lilies.  I was very proud of my finds.

 Steve and I explored all over the lake.  It was awesome.  I kept wanting to get into some big waves. Our first trip we got big waves and I thought it was great.  The second trip was more calm waters and was a bit disappointing.  It's no secret that I like adventure and I like waves!  I'm not easily scared.

 Grandma and I put our toes in the water and splashed around making bubbles.  I thought it was great fun.  The water was really warm.
 Steve needed a break from taking me on a boat ride, so I just pretended to row myself.  Then I said that I wanted to go in the water.  No one but me thought that was a good idea.  I guess I got a bit carried away with the whole "big girl" thing.

This morning was spent splashing around the pool and running around the yard.  Tonight we had church and I did really well in nursery.  I even went potty for them TWICE!  Everyone was really proud of me!

What else is new with me?
  • I started my new big girl dance class this week.  I'm no longer in "Mommy and Me" class as I've graduated to the "Creative Movement" for 2-3 year olds.  No mommies allowed!  Mommy told me ahead of time that I was going to get to dance all by myself.  When it was time for my class, I said bye to Mom and marched right into class.  It was my same teacher as last year so I was glad to see her.  The dances are basically the same as Mommy and Me, but now that we're older, we participate so much more.  Mommy and the other mommies enjoyed watching through the observation window.  I did a really good job!  I followed all of the instructions and danced really well.  Mommy was impressed that I had remembered all the routines since I haven't had dance class since early May.
  • On Friday I had music class and that was fun as always.  Afterward I had a play date with two babies!  One was 9 weeks old and the other was 1 year old.  I loved being the big girl.  I had to be reminded to share, but overall it went pretty well.  And I think Mommy enjoyed hanging out with her former Novartis co-workers.  Then at night, baby Isaac and his parents came over for supper.  I got to play with three babies in one day! I was in heaven! 
  • I continue to make my parents chuckle at my exclamations.  One day I got out of the car and said, "Mommy it's beautiful today!"  I also like to say, "It's good as new!" 
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment