Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Baaaack!

 Dear blog readers--I am so sorry for the delay in my blogging this week.  You see it was a holiday weekend and I spent it at the lake like a true Minnesotan.  Then Mommy and Daddy went back home and I stayed at Grandma's all week.  I'm back home now and ready to tell you all about  my adventures the past week and a half! 

 Last week my buddy Nolan and I hit the beach.  We had a really hot week so it was time to cool off at this really cool place.  It's a sand bottom chlorinated pool.  Perfect for our mommies who don't really like things such as sea weed and fish.  Nolan and I had a great time of course.  I wanted to do everything just like Nolan since he is older, you know.

 That night we got to go swimming again!  This time we went in Nolan's pool.  Nolan has a pool for the next few weeks as he's living in his temporary house until his new house is ready for him.  The pool was awesome and I'm really hoping they never move!

 Last week, in an attempt to get me back on track with my potty training my parents' instituted the evening present.  If I was good about going potty all day (at least sitting down on the potty) then I got to open a present before bed.  I was really happy about my new Clifford, the "red, big dog!" Most people know him as Clifford the big red dog...but I like to say red big dog.  It's all the same people.  No need to be nit picky.

 On Saturday I was sporting my new Dora shirt that my parents brought back from Jamaica.  It really was perfect.  Dora in a pirate costume is just about the coolest thing in my world.

 On Saturday night it was finely nice enough for us to sit on our new patio furniture and have dinner. Daddy grilled but of course I don't eat any of that, so I had my standard mac and cheese and chicken fries meal.


 
 After dinner, we had a family date to Stillwater.  We went to my favorite park, Teddy Bear Park, and played for a long time. 
 After playing, we walked down to the river.  The river is still really high!  You see the water directly behind me? Usually that's a sidewalk along the river and the river starts on the other side of that little fence looking thing in the background.
 
 After our river walk we went to the "ice cream cone store" and I got my very first ice cream cone.  Usually Mommy gets me ice cream in a dish, but she figured since we were eating outside, it didn't matter if it was messy.  I was so excited. I even got to pick out the flavor.  I picked strawberry!  Yuuuummy!  There is a video of me enjoying my cone at the end of the blog.

 On Sunday we headed to the lake.  I showed off how cool it is to be "Upside down!!!"

 Then I became really interested in Uncle Steve's kayak.  I convinced Steve to take me for a ride and we had a blast.  There is a video of that also at the end of the blog.

 That night we headed to the annual 3rd of July parade.  I enjoyed some cheese while waiting for the parade to begin. 
 I was really into clapping for the floats.  There were really long stretches where nothing came by that made me pretty antsy.  I was fine as long as there was parade action, but as soon as there was a lull I wanted to go run and play. 
 During one of the "lulls" I got to eat a lollipop so that helped!

 The next day was the 4th of July or Independence Day.  We had our annual day at the cabin with the Kelleys.  I wore my Miss America outfit again this year.  It still fit because last year it was a little big.  Not many things in my wardrobe last two seasons. 

 The rule is I must wear a life jacket and must be with an adult if I want to go on the dock (or the "bridge" as I call it).  Here I am all ready to go and "be safe!"

 I had lots of fun with cousin Austen.  He and I played with my Miss Potato Head for quite awhile.  We also played this fun game where Austen would take something of mine (like my hat or Mommy's sunglasses) and then I'd chase him trying to get it back.  It was so much fun.  If he stopped playing, I'd just hand him my hat or Mommy's sunglasses so we could play it again.

 Uncle Steve helped me climb some trees because, you know, I love to CLIMB CLIMB CLIMB!

Day at the lake is not complete without a bucket and sand toys.  Too bad we didn't have any sand!  Oh well I'm pretty good at pretend play!  The rest of the week I spent at Grandma's house and had lots of fun as always.  Now I'm back home and getting ready for a visit from Papa and Nana from Texas!  I'll give you the full scoop next week when I blog again.  Have a great week! 





This is me when I was supposed to be taking a nap at the cabin.  Instead of napping, I was acting out a new episode of Dora where the "blue cratfers (cratfers= pacifiers)" went missing and we had to ask map where to find it.  Map told us to go over Dragon mountain and that's how we'd get to the "blue cratfers" .  Mommy gave me credit for my creativity but told me I needed to rest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment