Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm a Big Girl Now

Well folks, I got my license this week.  Pretty impressive for a toddler whose feet don't even begin to reach the pedals but I did it.   Ok so maybe I don't have my license but I look the part right?  Mom says I'd have more credibility if I didn't wear sunglasses upside down. 
I see the cats do this all the time so I thought, what the heck! Why shouldn't I?  Mommy finally "had it" with our toaster oven and she pulled the new one out of the closet.  Never mind the fact that the new toaster oven has been in the closet since Black Friday last year.  At that point she knew our toaster oven was about to "die" but it managed to hold on until now.  It cooks food just fine but the door on it was broken and hard to open and close. 
Last week it was H-O-T so we spent most of the week inside the house in the cool a/c.  This weekend it was finally nice enough to play outside.
Daddy took this picture to show how big this slide was.  I went down it all by myself and did great! 



It was so hard to decide which way to go when I had three tunnels to choose from! 

What else is new with me?
  • I am doing great with my potty training.  I am now officially wearing big girl underwear.  Yesterday I had zero accidents! 
  • I continue to entertain with my wild stories.  One day while Daddy and I were walking back from the park I kept saying that Swiper was trying to swipe things.  Swiper tried to take the flag from the flagpole, all three wheels on the stroller, Nana and Papa, and unfortunately he was able to swipe my "steering wheel" on the stroller.  I had to figure out how I'd get it back from Swiper.  There were some birds chirping in the trees, so I declared that the birds were going to help get my steering wheel back.  Thank goodness for the birds, they were able to help, and I got my steering wheel back from Swiper.  
  • I'm in a very friendly stage of life.  Whenever I see someone new I say gleefully, "HI! I'm Megan! This is Mommy!"  I've made great friends with Target and grocery store cashiers.  One lady loved my enthusiasm for her, and for Target in general, so she gave me a sticker.  Today at Super Target I introduced myself and Mommy and then told the lady that "Daddy's still at work!"  Then I repeated this about 15 more times while she checked out our stuff.  Mommy apologized for my "broken recordness" but the Target cashier said I was "simply adorable." 
  • Going along with this, I talk almost nonstop.  I pretty much just narrate everything that is going on.  Mommy says I would be a really good companion for a blind person.  They would know every single detail of what was going on. 
  • I'm still really enjoying my summer music class.  I love going to music school.  My favorite parts are when we get to play instruments and when we get to do "free dance" and just dance around being silly. 
  • To keep cool last week I got to go to Nolan's pool a couple times and also got to go to another pool with Baby Isaac.  I'm so lucky to have friends with pool access!  I love to swim swim swim! 
  • This week I start dance class again.  This time I'm in a big girl class which equals NO MOMMIES!  Just us girls dancing!  We'll see how I do.  I've been really into doing things "by myself" lately so hopefully that translates into dance as well! 
I'll leave you with a couple videos of me counting at the park.  I can count to fourteen...and then after that I kind of "fake it" .  The other thing I do is when I count items, no matter how many I count ( and I count correctly) I will then declare that there are "9" of that item.  Nine is just simply my favorite number. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm going to say it again, but I read your posts and I can totally relate as Cal shows/does the same things! He has become super social with strangers, "like HI HI HI HI HI". He counts, but always says there are "three" of anything even when there isn't. And yes, he narrates EVERYTHING.

    That slide looks huge! I don't think i would be comfortable going down it myself quite honestly.

    ReplyDelete