Monday, July 18, 2011

More Summer Fun!

Hello!  I'm back from another fun vacation.  Papa and Nana came from Texas last week and we all went to the Wisconsin Dells for a few days.  It was a great time and I'll tell you allllll about it!  Be prepared for a lot of photos and videos.  

I was so excited about Papa and Nana coming that I couldn't sleep!  Mommy stayed home with me while Daddy went to pick them up at the airport.  She stayed home because I was supposed to be sleeping, but like I said, wayyyy too excited to sleep!  So no nap for me!  This is Nana and I blowing bubbles.

This is Papa pushing me on the swing.  Weeeeeeee! 
It was pretty hot outside so before we went to dinner I got a nice bath and got dressed in my pretty summer dress.  I also showed off my puzzle skills. 


We ate at a fun restaurant that is farm themed.  They have a big tractor outside that I thought was really cool. 
We went to my future school and played on their playground.  I'm going to be an expert at this play equipment by the time I get to kindergarten.  I made up a fun game where I took everyone's hats.  Here I'm wearing Nana's hat and Papa is wearing my hat. 
Then I took all the hats and would slide them down the tube.  I thought it was hilarious. 


After all that playing it was time to relax a bit with my froggy sketch pad. 


On Monday we took a road trip to the Dells.  It was a long trip.  I kept wondering when we were going to the water park!  Then when we got to the hotel our room wasn't quite ready so I had to wait some more.  Finally I got to go swimming after 4:00.  Daddy took me as soon as we could get our suits on.  Mommy and Papa went searching for some groceries. 
It was early to bed for me since I didn't nap again on Monday.  I'm not a car sleeper.  The next morning I couldn't wait until the water parks opened!  There were 8 water parks total at our hotel so I had many to choose from. Some were inside and some were outside.  I enjoyed them all! 
After a full morning of water parks and a nice nap, it was time to get up for the next activities.
But first, a quick snack!


We went to a fun train store.  They had a Thomas the Train track set up that I had a great time playing with.  Then after I was done playing we got to go on a real train ride!!!
I was really excited to get to go on a train.  It was just a little train, perfect sized for toddlers and their families!
Daddy and me on the train

The train took us out into the woods, then stopped to turn around.  We got to learn a little about trains too.  All in all it was about a 40 minute adventure--perfect for an antsy toddler like me. 
This is Daddy and me at the wave pool.  I went to the wave pool the most out of all the water parks.  It was open the earliest and I LOVED THE WAVES! 

This is me looking shocked after I went down the big green water slide all by myself!
Daddy went on a few of the "big kid" water slides.  We decided to wait for him at the bottom.  Unfortunately the line was long, and I was getting bored so Nana started playing peek-a-boo with me and then Daddy happened to come sliding out and we missed his big entrance.  Oh well. 
One day they had horse and wagon rides at the resort.  I liked it.  Mommy thought it was a bit of a rough ride. 
I especially liked getting to pet the horse after the ride.
We decided to take the shuttle bus around the resort and down to the lake.  They have a lodge on the lake too.  Then we took the water taxi and another shuttle bus back to our hotel. 


The best dinner we had was at a TRAIN restaurant!  The train brings your drinks and your food!  I was so impressed. I kept saying, "The train brought my milk!!!!!!!" 
We got fun hats too! Well I guess "I" got a fun hat. No one else must have wanted one...
Here is our food coming on the train! 
The train restaurant was connected to a big arcade so while we were waiting for our table, I got to go on lots of fun quarter rides.


This is me looking a bit melancholy on our last morning at the water park.  I was sad to go home.  Everyone else seemed pretty ready to be done chasing me around the water park. 
Getting dry and ready for the long car ride home!


Papa, Nana, and me right before we left to take them to the airport.  We dropped them off and then went to a pancake restaurant--IHOP!  I am a huge fan of IHOP.  The kids menu has a picture of all the food so I got to pick out exactly what I wanted.  I picked the plate sized "smiley face" pancake.  It was delicious!  Daddy and Mommy decided that going to breakfast places for dinner was really smart.  They are fast and I love pancakes! 
When Papa and Nana left, the heat wave rolled in.  It has been extremely hot and humid here.  On Saturday night we went to a "summer party" at a friend's house.  The kids enjoyed splashing around the pool. 
This is Logan and me chilling out in the shade.
All the kids in the pool! 
Toddlers eating supper.  We loved our toddler table!  This is me, Declan and Callum




Showing off my swimming skills

Weeeee!  I love water slides!



Green slide all by myself!

Firewoman Megan to the rescue

Choo choo! Riding the train


What else is new with me?
  • I  continue to entertain my parents with my antics.  One day while on the potty, the sunlight was coming in through the window behind me.  It illuminated the dust and I said, "ohh snow it's sooo pretty!"  Mommy said it wasn't snow, but rather dust.  I said "Oh dust! It's sooo pretty!" 
  • On our trip we ate dinner at the buffet one night.  I enjoyed going to the buffet and picking out lots of things.  Many things I had no intention of eating, but it was fun nonetheless.  I did try a few foods that I normally wouldn't eat.  I took one bite of a tortilla and spit it out.  Daddy put it on my plate but I didn't want it on my plate anymore.  So he took it and put it on his old buffet plate.  A few minutes later the waitress came by to clear some plates.  I was horrified as my tortilla was going away so I yelled "MEGAN'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  So Daddy took the tortilla off the plate, and put it on mine again.  I never ate the tortilla, but every time the waitress came by, I put my hand on it to protect it. 
  • I'm starting to get back on track with my potty training.  With several trips this summer and interruptions in our regular schedule it's been tough.  But now that I'm home again and back on schedule, I've been doing really good on the potty! 

Have a good week! Stay cool!  I've been relocated to the extra bedroom upstairs and sleeping in the pack and play because my room gets really hot in the summer normally.  Now that it's as hot as the Amazon here in Minnesota, my room is like sleeping in a swamp.  So I went to the cooler room next door.  Kind of like camping, indoors!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Buffalo Phils hat, that picture is hilarious! Happy indoor camping Megan!

    ReplyDelete