Monday, November 14, 2011

Mornings at the Museum

 Doctor Megan strikes again.  This week I got to go to the children's museum twice! Lucky me!  I went with my pals Nolan and Logan on Tuesday.  First I gave the baby a checkup.  Then I gave Nolan a checkup.

 And then Nolan gave me a check up.  I'm happy to report that we are all healthy!!

 It was hard to get a good picture of me with my new butterfly wings.  I tend to "fly" all over the house.  At one point it was becoming clear to my parents that I was starting to believe that I actually could fly when I had my wings on and so I was no longer able to play butterfly on the stairs.


 On Thursday I went back to the museum with my good pal Bella.  We did "spin art".  I didn't really care that much about the paint part, but getting to push the button on the salad spinner.  Let's just say my art was really well spun!  Bella and I have become such good friends.  We greet each other with hearty hugs and lots of kisses. 
 We tried really hard to get a good picture of us together in the "rain forest" but two year olds aren't real cooperative with sitting still, posing and smiling at the same time!  To make matters worse, Mommy dropped the camera in her attempt to get a good picture....and it broke.  So we got a new camera this weekend and the rest of the photos from the week come from Mommy's cellphone.


 On Friday I got to meet two new friends, Stella and Remy.  We met Mommy's college friend Shannon and her kids at a gymnastics place that has open gym.  Open gym at a gymnastics place is AWESOME!!!!!  I can't tell you how cool it was.  I loved every single second.  They had a huge foam pit that you could jump into or slide into. 
 There were lots of balance beams, bars, trampolines..you name it!  I felt like a real gymnast! 






I really liked jump roping on the trampoline!  I got lots and lots of exercise! 

What else is new with me?
  • On Friday we celebrated Veterans Day with Daddy.  He went out to lunch with other former military guys and got free lunch.  That was so fun we decided to go out to dinner and get free dinner for Daddy again.  We went to Applebees.  It was one of our best dining out experiences to date.  They got me my mac&cheese in record time so I got to start eating right away.  Since I'm a slow eater, this helped out a lot.  When we checked in with the hostess I said, "Hi, I'm Megan! It's my birthday party!"  The hostess then thought that it was my birthday, of course.  Mommy corrected her and said it wasn't my birthday yet.  To that I said, "In two months!"  I'm very excited about my upcoming birthday.  It actually is only a month away now, but I've been talking about it since last month so I still think it's 2 months away.
  • When we left the restaurant I saw a man smoking outside. I got really excited and yelled "He's making clouds! He's making clouds!"
  • I'm really into the moon these days.  I love that I can see it at night and always want to find the moon.  One night it was particularly big and bright. I said excitedly, "It's the brightest moon I've ever seen!"
  • I'm starting to talk like a grown up.  The other day Mommy asked me something and I replied, "Actually, no."
  • Now instead of saying no, I say "mmm mmm" 
  • It turns out that the firefighter that came to talk to our ECFE class a few weeks ago is the daddy of a kid in my class.  He came to class with his son this week. I was very excited to see Firefighter Bill.  I saw him and said, "Firefighters are not scary!"  (That was a recurring theme of the program)
  • I have a plastic firefighter hat. I put it on last night and called myself Firefighter Bill
  • When I was at the gymnastics place, Mommy couldn't figure out why I needed a jump rope to go in the big foam blocks pool.  I slid in the pool with my rope.  Then I threw it to my Mommy and used it to "climb" out of the pool.  I wanted Mommy to "rescue me" with the rope. I'm all about the dramatic flair!
  • This morning after breakfast Mommy was wiping my face.  I said, "My face is so dirty...just like Andy!"  For those of you who don't know, Andy is Grandma's kitty..and he tends to have cat food stuck to his fur around his mouth!  Mommy said my face wasn't quite that bad! 
See you next week! 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear your camera was a goner :( I had such high hopes for it!

    Fun seeing you both. We'll have to get together again soon!

    ReplyDelete