Christmas baking is in full gear at our house. This year I have been a really great helper to Mommy. Here we were making pretzel wreaths. Mommy thought this would be a great cookie for us to do together. Mommy unwrapped the chocolates and thought that as she unwrapped, I could put the chocolate in the pretzel ring. She thought this would be really efficient. I, however, would not start the process until ALL of the chocolates were unwrapped. Mommy tried several times to explain to me that I could do them one at a time as she unwrapped the others, but I would have nothing of it.
One day I thought it'd be fun to make a bed out of a plastic storage bin. I borrowed Mommy's pillow and grabbed my favorite blankie and a pacifier and I was set. It seemed more comfortable in theory than it actually was. It hasn't become my permanent nap spot or anything..
On Tuesday we took a break from baking and got some exercise at a jumping place. This place was AWESOME. Along with inflatables, they also had fun toys to play with.
The bouncy house had a basketball hoop. I thought that was impressive.
Nolan and I took a break from jumping to play a little air hockey.
I spent a lot of time in the obstacle course inflatable. I was playing so hard that I got really sweaty.
It was time to take a little break and play with the Barbies and the dollhouse. Notice how sweaty I was! I have this dollhouse at home. Mommy got it for me at a garage sale 2 years ago. Right now I use it as a climbing apparatus in my room. But now that Mommy saw me playing with the dollhouse, she thought it might be time to get me some furniture for my dollhouse. I heard a little rumor that I might be getting some for my birthday.
On Saturday it was time for the big cookie event of the year--- cut out sugar cookies! It was hard for me to stay patient and wait for Mommy to line up the cookie cutter before I pushed.
I was most excited about the decorating part. Look at all of the sprinkles!
I lined up all the sprinkles next to me. I was ready to go. Daddy called it my sprinkle fort.
I got my own tray for decorating. I got all of the misshapen or broken cookies.
I had very creative ideas for decorating.
And when I was done it was time to FINALLY sample one! I make really good cookies!
These are all the cookies Mommy and Daddy decorated.
This was my contribution.
On Saturday night we braved the snow and went to a going away party and fundraiser for one of Mommy's former co-workers. He and his family are leaving to be missionaries to Southeast Asia. The menu was Chinese food which I don't eat. They had hot dogs for the kids. I ate the bun. And some snacks. The best part was after the dinner----MALTS! You could pick your flavor. I got strawberry, Mommy got Oreo, and Daddy got peanut butter banana. Not my healthiest meal ever but I say when you eat as little as me, all I did was help them make more money in their fundraiser. I didn't contribute to their food cost hardly at all!
This picture is a month old or so. Mommy found it on her phone and realized she didn't put it on the blog before. This is a picture of me with my official badge when I visited Daddy at work. I thought it was sooo cool.
What else is new me?
- On Thursday night we met Daddy in Roseville for supper and then went to downtown Minneapolis for the famous Hollidazzle parade. It was soooo cool. I loved all the lights. I had so much fun I forgot to be disappointed they didn't throw any candy. My favorite part was the big snowman that would twirl. As soon as we left I wanted to go again.
- Tonight we went to Lowe's to get a new kitchen faucet. Ours broke in Mommy's hand this week. At Lowe's I was really friendly to the elderly woman who was our cashier. When we were leaving I said, "Bye see you soon!" and then told her "Give me a high five!" I'm guessing I'm the first customer of the day that asked for a high five.
- I'm starting to tell wild stories. Today when talking to Grandma I told her "I made my bracelet all by myself!" Mommy ratted me out by saying that I totally didn't make it. I also have this new thing where I make up this wild story about the "Giant Yellow Belly". My parents don't get it at all. From what they understand, the "Giant Yellow Belly" is the glow from the lamp in the living room.
Wow, that is some hard work going into those cookies! You have a great little helper! I think Callum would eat all the cookies . . .
ReplyDelete