Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Megan's Birthday Extravaganza

 Alright--I know my blog followers have been getting a little antsy as I have not posted in awhile.  I apologize. My mommy does my typing and she was entirely too busy leading up to Christmas to help me out.  We had things planned every day leading up to going down to Grandma's house.  So I apologize that this is late.  I'm dividing my posts into separate "birthday" and "Christmas" since there are entirely too many things to talk about for one post. Plus I have a bazillion pictures and videos of all the big events of the last two weeks. 

 My two weeks of fun started out with a trip to Macy's to see "A Day in the Life of an Elf."  It was a bit of deja vu as Macy's does the same exhibit every year.  Back in the day of Daytons and Marshall Fields, they had a new theme every year.  This is a sore subject for Mommy  (and many other Minnesotans) who enjoyed going to the "new" exhibit every year.  For me, I'm just fine seeing this one as I think it's pretty cool! 
 My BFF and I got to go through it together.  We both really enjoyed seeing where the elves sleep, go to school, eat, play, make toys, etc etc.  We really got a good feel of how an elf lives.  Very educational.  Then we got to see Santa!! 

This year I was willing to sit on Santa's lap.  Last year I would only sit next to him on the little drum.  I know all about Santa this year and will tell you all about the North Pole.  So there was no need to be scared.  I hopped up on his lap.  Santa asked me what I wanted for Christmas.  I said, "Christmas presents!"  I also told him I'd be at Grandma's this year and he said, "Santa will find you."  So that was a relief! 
 This is Daddy and me after visiting Santa.  There wasn't a line to go back through the exhibit so I wanted to go again.  So we went through a second time.  We didn't get to see Santa again.  My parents said that I needed to give the other kids a turn.


 After that we headed downstairs to my favorite candy and popcorn store, Candyland.  They make the BEST popcorn.  We always get Uncle Steve popcorn for Christmas because he really likes it too.  I was so excited because a fresh batch was coming out of the machine as we were waiting for our popcorn.  I squealed with delight. 

We went home and had some lunch and then we headed to the airport to pick up Nana and Papa!  They came on a big airplane from Texas.  I was SO excited to go to the airport.  I had a hard time understanding that we weren't going on a trip.  Mommy kept explaining that Nana and Papa were on the plane--NOT US.  Mommy thought she finally got through to me, but then when we parked at the airport I said, " I need to bring the car seat with me and ride it!" Again, Mommy told me that we were not going on a plane and the car seat would be staying in the car.  When we walked into the airport I exclaimed, "Hey I've been here before!"  I entertained the people in the baggage claim area but all my chatting about picking up Nana and Papa.  Then we spotted them and I had to get shy for a few minutes. 

It was really fun having Papa and Nana at my house.  We played lots of games and puzzles.  I especially liked playing with their iPad.  This came in handy when we went out to eat at a fun German restaurant.  It kept me occupied while we waited for our food.  I had the very German entree of macaroni and cheese.  Everyone else had more authentic food like schnitzel and spaetzle. 


 On Saturday it was time for my big birthday bash.  I'd been dreaming of this day for months!  It was a perfect Dora birthday party.  I was super excited when Daddy brought home the balloons.  There was a huge Dora balloon.  I gave it a big hug and said, "I love her!" 

 There was a tense moment at my party.  That sneaky fox, Swiper, swiped my birthday cake!  Thank goodness for Map!
 Map told us to go to the Christmas tree, down the stairs, and to the tent and that is where we'd find my birthday cake.
 This is me consulting the map on my way downstairs.

 AHA!  I found my birthday cake inside my tent, just as Map said.  Here is the video of the great search!


The cake, back where it belongs on the table! 
This was my special Dora cake--just for me.  About a week before my party I kept talking about how the birthday cake was just for me, and that no one was going to get to eat it but me.  Everyone kept telling me that I'd have to share my cake but I just kept talking about how it was just for me.  So to avoid an embarrasing outburst, we asked our favorite cake lady Darci if she could make me a "little" cake.  Instead of a little cake--I got this huge tiered Dora cake just for me!  I did end up sharing this cake with  my family.  I wasn't as possessive after the fact.  Mommy thinks maybe I was worried that other people were going to get to blow out the candles or something--because blowing out the candles has been high on my list of things to do on one's birthday. 
Ready to blow out my THREE candles!


One down, two to go! 
Ahh success!  Time to dig in.  I loved my chocolate Dora cake!


I wasn't the only fan of the cake.  My buddy Logan was a serious cake eater too!
Just me and my grandmas!  A miracle occured and both grandmas had their eyes open in the picture!


After cake it was time for presents.  Nolan was a really good helper. 
My first Barbie set!  Barbie is a chef and it came with a little chef's assistant who is fun to play with too!
This is me trying out one of my new animal masks I got as a present. 


Daddy put together my new tricycle and I was able to go for a ride since we don't have any snow here! 


Before Nana and Papa left for Texas we had a little pre-Christmas! 
I opened my presents, and then helped Nana and Papa with theirs too! 
I got this fun picnic set from my Virginia relatives!  We had a picnic right away.  My friends Owl and Baby got to join us! 
This is Nana and me playing with my new Dora figurines from Uncle Steve.  Looks like Swiper was about to swipe something! 
My actual birthday was on Wednesday so it was time to open MORE presents!  After opening presents we went to the jumping place.  A bunch of my friends from school came since we didn't have school that day as well as my good buddies Nolan and Logan.
I wasn't as "into" the inflatables as I was last time.  Mommy thinks it's because it was more crowded. 

This is me trying to climb in the obstacle course. 


After all of that work it was time to get a drink at the drinking fountain or the "bubbler" as you Wisconsinites say. 

Oops!

Before we left I had to put Daddy in the tower--- I couldn't resist! 


Then we all got in the tower for a nice family photo! 


All right! That is it!  Look for Part II: Christmas in the next couple days.  Thanks for your patience!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Swiper swiped the cake! SWIPER! NO SWIPING! (Genius idea) Sad we missed the fun, but glad Megan had a happy day.

    ReplyDelete