Monday, January 30, 2012

Daddy Date Night


Hello!  Well as you can see in this picture, we finally FINALLY got some snow this week!  I was SO excited to get to play in it.  My only disappointment was that it was powdery snow so we couldn't make a snowman.  

 There was time for some play and time for some work.   Daddy and I went for a sled ride around the neighborhood.

 I was an excellent helper at shoveling as you'll see in the video below.  Daddy wasn't so sure of my methods.  To him it was a bit counterproductive--but I thought it was fun!





 A little snow angel making! 


 This weekend I got to visit Grandma.  Mommy and Daddy wanted to go out to dinner for Daddy's birthday (to a place where they don't serve macaroni and cheese----well actually they did but it was the kind with weird noodles and sauce that is too fancy for my taste!)  and they had their first game club of 2012.  As part of my visit we got to see Grandma's school!  It was Saturday so there weren't any kids of course. I think I could pass for a 4th grader don't you?


 Here I am helping Grandma with her computer.  She always needs a lot of help with technology.  One time when Mommy was in college Grandma sent her an email with the entire message in the subject line.  It was very hard to read.  Her skills have greatly improved over the years we must say! 

 Grandpa and I visited the library.  I was really impressed to see my old pal Clifford the Big Red Dog!

 Then it was time to get into trouble!  This is me running in the halls......

 This is me helping myself to balloons leftover from a celebration for Mr. Stenzel. He's the teacher who has been in Afghanistan (and therefore why Grandma has been teaching the last year!). 

 I was so naughty I almost had to go to the Principal's office! 


 Luckily, Grandma and I just had a "talk" about school rules and everything is ok now. 

 On Sunday my parents met us in Burnsville.  It was sad leaving Chuck E Cheese but I was really excited to get home for Daddy's birthday party.  Now I have to be honest, his party was a bit lame.  I wondered where all the decorations and balloons were.  To help things out, we put up a leftover Dora balloon from my party. 

Then it was time to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 Daddy got a big piece of cake.  I got a little one since I've never had this kind of ice cream cake before.  Sometimes I get strangely picky about desserts and they said it was too good to waste.  So I got a tiny piece to see if I'd like it.  Verdict? I loved it.  And I'm hoping for a bigger piece tonight after supper.  The advantage to a small birthday party with just your parents is that you get to eat birthday cake for a few days!

After cake it was time for presents!  Daddy was so lucky to have such an experienced gift opener to help him.  After my birthday and Christmas extravaganza in December I was ready and willing to show off my expertise. 

What else is new with me?
  • I've been really into using my Spanish when talking about colors.  One day Mommy was wearing a red shirt and I said, "Mommy that's VERY rojo!"
  • Daddy and I had a date night on Tuesday.  Mommy hosted the monthly women's gathering of ladies from church.  I'm only three so I'm not considered a "lady" yet so I wasn't invited.  After swimming lessons Daddy and I went to Perkins for pancakes.  I got the Mickey Mouse pancakes. They were super delicious!  After dinner we went to the pet store where the nice man let me pet a guinea pig and a ferret!  To complete the evening we went to Target. 
  • When we were shopping for Daddy's birthday presents I wanted to look at the toys. Mommy reminded me we were shopping for Daddy--not me.  I got really sad and said, "I'm sad!"  Mommy asked me why I was sad.  I said, "I'm sad it's not my birthday anymore."   Then Mommy explained that everyone has a special day and that it's fun to make a special day for someone else.   Then I got excited for Daddy's special day.
  • Speaking of Daddy, he got a new car this week.  No more noisy car!  His new car is quiet and blue.  Or sometimes I'll say it's azul! 

1 comment: