Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

 Hello everyone!  I have been busy getting ready for Valentine's Day.  I made some lovely Valentines and on Friday we FINALLY got to make Valentine cookies.  I had been asking about them for quite some time.  You'll notice I have my own pan of cookies and frosting.  I enjoy frosting cookies...so much so that I like to frost them, lick the frosting off, and then frost them again.  So any cookies I decorate get put into a container that is just for me.
 Me being silly while decorating cookies.




 Time to get down to business!  On Saturday afternoon I got to go to Grandma's house.  Mommy and Daddy had game club.  We met at Chuck E Cheese, of course.  It was so busy there that we didn't stay long. 
 Trips to Grandma's are always fun.  This is what Dora the Explorer would look like if she was in the Army.

 The cutest little soldier!
 This picture really needs no caption

 Despite how I look in this picture, I actually never ended up eating the cupcake.

I was really impressed with Steve's collection of loose change.  I told him I wanted to take it home to feed my piggy bank.  He didn't agree....
 Meanwhile at home, Mommy and Daddy were busy with housecleaning.  They find it's much easier to do when I'm not around.  They treated themselves to a dinner out (also easier to do without me) and then Mommy decided to curl up on the couch with her book and turned the fireplace on.  This was the first time Mommy and Daddy have ever had our fireplace on.  The thermostat for the house is in this room, and so when the fire is on and the room gets warm, the heat goes off.  This causes my room to become even more cold than it usually is.  But since I was away, Mommy thought it would be fun to actually have it on.  Anyway, Mommy looked up from her book and noticed this brown slime oozing down the fireplace.  Mommy yelled "Oh no Dora's hair!!!"  You see last year on my birthday cake were three figurines: Dora, Diego and Boots.  One day when I was playing with Dora, she somehow flew across the air and landed hard on the floor.  Her plastic hair popped off.  Mommy never got around to gluing it back on, so it would fall off a lot.  One day, I took Dora's hair, and for some reason put it through the slats on the fireplace.  Mommy was NOT happy with me.  She couldn't figure out how to get it out.  She asked Daddy for help and he didn't think he could get it out either.  Since it was spring, it didn't seem urgent to figure out. 


This is what Dora's hair looks like after being heated up.....  My parents realized that Dora's hair never made it all the way through the slats into the actual fireplace.  It was actually quite simple to get it out.  It did, however, require the use of a paint scraper to get the melted plastic off of the glass. 

What else is up with me?
  • Uncle Steve asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up.  He asked if I wanted to be a doctor. I said no.  He asked if I wanted to be a firefighter and I said no I want to be a pirate!
  • Sometimes Mommy asks me a question and I don't answer.  She gets annoyed and says, "Megan! Yes or No?"  The other day I said, "Daddy do you want to play with me..Yes or No?" 
  • I get to watch a movie when we go on long-ish car rides.  I ask if I can watch a movie pretty much every time I get into the car.  Mommy usually says, "No, we're only going to be in the car for a few minutes."  To that I say, "I want to watch a movie for a few minutes!"
  • We went to JoAnn Fabrics to get some crafty supplies for making Valentines.  When we got to the checkout I was being chatty with the cashier as always.  "You turned on the light! (She had turned her light on to say her line was now open) You are at number 3 (checkout #3).  I'm Megan, this is Mommy!  Bye! Happy Valentine's Day!"
  • When people ask me "How are you?"  I usually say, "I'm Megan".  My parents have been trying to teach me to say "I'm good" or something to that effect.  Sometimes I say, "I feel much great!"
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment: