Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!

 Happy Easter everyone! I started out the week seeing the Easter Bunny at Toddler Tuesday.  He was a very nice bunny.
 Because I love giving big stuffed characters hugs, it was no different with the Easter Bunny.
After seeing the Easter bunny, my friends Nolan and Logan and I went on an egg hunt in Nickelodeon Universe. 
 After the hunt we were all hungry for lunch.  Cadillac Ranch has free lunch for kids on Tuesday so we headed there.  I spotted the mechanical bull right away and really wanted to go on it.  Mommy said if I ate my lunch I could sit on it.  As you can see, I ate my lunch!

 Logan joined me on the bull

 Logan and I had fun on the bull and then bounced on the inflatable floor.  It was a lot of fun!

 On Saturday we drove to Grandma's house for Easter.  We went to a presentation about the Easter story and afterwards there was an Easter egg hunt.  This was terribly exciting!  Not only was there an egg hunt but there were also some big stuffed characters to hug!!

 Ready.................set.............................go!

 The hunt is on

 Success!


 I'm going to find more!  24 in total!

 Another puppy to hug!  I told him all about my successful hunt!

 I love you big puppy!


 And a MOOSE!  I spent a long time chatting with the moose.

 At the end you picked a lollipop.  If it had a black mark on the bottom, you won a big Easter basket!  I was a winner!!

Below is a video synopsis of my Easter egg hunt experience!




 On Easter Sunday we went to church and went to Dave and Judy's afterwards.  These were the men folk after a big meal.....

 Me in my pretty Easter dress!  I felt just like Cinderella!

 Daddy and me!

 Eating a sheep cupcake that Mommy made. 
 More eggs to find at Great Uncle Dave's house!

The Easter bunny left a basket for me at Dave and Judy's!

 And time for some more dessert---bunny cake!

 Cousin Jeff and I.  I let him hold me for a couple minutes.  Then I said, "Umm I want to see my mom now....." 
 Great Uncle Dave makes me laugh!

One last egg to find--and this one contained cash!  My piggy bank was very happy!


What else is new with me?
  • I got a balloon at the grocery store last week from the TCF bank representative.  It was attached to a lollipop.  We got to aisle 1 (dairy section) and my balloon flew into the air.  I was crushed and burst into tears and was inconsolable.  We tried going back to the TCF bank rep but she was already gone.  About halfway through the grocery trip I calmed down and said sadly, "My balloon lives in number one now...."   Today we went back to the grocery store for the first time since "the incident."  I talked about how I was going to see my balloon.  Mommy tried to set the expectation that it probably wouldn't be there anymore since it was a cheap balloon and they don't last very long.  Imagine her surprise when we got to aisle one and there it was, stuck in the rafters.  "My balloon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I was so happy to see it.  An elderly couple was observing my delight and were chuckling.  Mommy explained the balloon situation.  Then I said, "We need to find a mailman to get a ladder and get it down!"  Mommy thinks I'm confusing the mailman with a fireman. 
  • At the park last week a little boy was up on the slide and yelled down to me, "Hey what's your name?"  I told him, "Megan!"  and then turned to my parents and said, "Is that my best friend?"  He wanted to play with me.  We were climbing on the wall and he touched my hands. I didn't like that and said "Don't touch me!" Daddy was so proud.
  • My new favorite phrases are "That's a good plan!"  "That's not a good plan" "Sure sure sure!"
  • I started yelling "I need some air back here!" in the car almost every time we drove somewhere.  Mommy wondered where that came from.  When I was at Grandma's while Mommy and Daddy were on vacation last week, Uncle Steve sat in the backseat with me.  He'd always yell up to the front to "get some air back here!" so I thought I'd give it a try too. 
  • One day I sat down at the piano and told Mommy that I was going to play my favorite nursery rhyme.  Then I paged through our "Family Music Book" and said "I'm going to play Joy to the World!"  Sure enough when Mommy looked, it was the music for Joy to the World.  I can't read but I can sure recognize pictures. 
  • Mommy loves listening to me on the monitor when I'm having my "rest time" in the afternoon.  I've been really into playing Barbies.  "Do you want to come to my house?"  "Sure sure sure!"  My Barbies go on all kinds of adventures.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment