Wednesday, September 12, 2012

School Preparations

 Alright now it's time to catch up on last week!  In preparation for preschool we went to the apple orchard.  You might be wondering why an apple orchard trip was necessary prior to going to preschool...well in one of my books the character brought her teacher an apple on the first day of school.  I decided I needed to do this too.  Mommy said we could buy some apples at the grocery store.  Well this wasn't good enough for me.  I said, "We need to pick one from a tree!"  Mommy called the orchard and they had apples available for picking so we arranged to have our play date moved to the apple orchard instead of to our house. 

 It was a gorgeous morning for picking apples.  After we filled our bag we also went raspberry picking.  Mommy made a yummy apple raspberry pie that night for dessert.  Yum! 

 This is how tall I am this fall!

 My friend Marah and I took a breather on the "cow"ch.

 And a trip to Afton Apple is not complete without a photo on the big chair!  On Thursday I had my preschool orientation.  I brought my teacher some apples and she was really happy.  I had a great time at orientation.  The parents went to another room for a meeting to learn more about preschool and the kids got to stay in the room and play and sing songs.  It was a lot of fun!  I started preschool this Tuesday but I'll tell you about that in next week's blog.

 This weekend we went camping at a nearby campground.  This was the make-up for our originally scheduled camping weekend when it was 100 degrees in July.  The weather was much different this time!
 Logan and I relaxing in our little camping chairs.  We had smores both nights! It was great!  I actually ate a toasted marshmallow this time. I still ate each component separately though. 

 We brought the t-ball set and had a little game. 

The next morning after breakfast we headed over to the park.
 
Logan and I holding hands on our way to the park.  I'm practicing big sister skills.
 


It got really cold at night in our tent at night.  We bundled up and slept under lots and lots of blankets.  Mommy was nice and warm at home because she didn't stay overnight in the tent.  She thought with her growing belly and her really awful allergies that staying in the tent wasn't a great idea.  The nice part is she brought us fresh donuts from the bakery in the morning. That was a nice special treat!  All in all it was a fun camping trip!
 In other news, we converted my car seat into a booster seat recently.  I'm LOVING getting to use a seat belt like everyone else. 
 Look what we found at Kowalskis! Princess cookies!!  I was a bit bummed that to "make" them all you do is put them on a cookie sheet. I'm used to getting to stir the dough and scooping it.  These were pretty simple.

Not only did we get princess cookies but there was a mask you could cut out from the package.  I got to pretend I was at a masquerade party.

What else is new with me?
  •  I'm getting excited about being a big sister.  For a long time if you asked me what we were having I'd say a baby sister.  Now I respond with, "We'll see!"  We find out next week!
  • At Mommy's last doctor appointment we got to hear the baby's heartbeat again.  I thought the heartbeat sounded like an airplane.  The nurse practitioner said she thought it sounded like a horse galloping.  The baby was really moving a lot and the nurse practitioner was having a hard time getting the heart rate because it kept moving.  She said to me, "Megan where is that baby going?" and I said "It's running away from the horse!"
  • I have been having a lot of bad dreams/night wake ups lately.  They usually involve crocodiles or other animals (birds, etc) that are eating me.  The other night when Mommy was tucking me in I asked, "What is a crocodile's habitat?"  I wanted to be sure their habitat wasn't anywhere near me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment