Sunday, September 9, 2012

Camp!

 Hello everyone!  My apologies for the lateness of this post.  It's been a busy two weeks I tell you!  Plus Uncle Steve was in Las Vegas for a conference and I wanted to wait until he was home and could get his awesome pictures he took from camp!

 For Labor Day weekend we went to Camp Lebanon for our 3rd annual trip to camp.  It was great.  The first breakfast was pancakes and strawberries so we really started out on the right foot. 

But let me back up, on the first night each family had to introduce themselves to everyone at camp at the opening chapel.  I had my first public speaking experience as I got to introduce my family!



 Camp is always filled with so many fun things.  This year the weather was perfect for enjoying the outdoors.  Some fishing with grandma.....
 Boating with Grandpa is fun!  I am really good at driving the pontoon boat. 

 I got a little grumpy at all the picture taking...................


 But nothing a little more boat driving can't fix!

 Uncle Steve and I went on a little nature hike.  I got to even practice a little gymnastics. 

 Just chilling on the rocks

 Whenever I go on a hike I have to find flowers to pick for Mommy because Mommy loves flowers!  She might not enjoy the weeds I pick as much when she is suffering from seasonal allergies.

 Daddy got to take a sailboat out for a spin.  It was really windy all weekend so it was perfect sailing weather.

 And it was finally warm enough at camp to swim!  The past two years were pretty chilly and not beach weather.
 More swimming fun!

 Time to get warm after my swim.  Grandmas are good at that.
 One of the best parts of camp is that it usually falls on Grandpa's birthday.  I'm all about birthdays as you know.  At first I thought Grandpa should have a flashlight cake (don't ask me why..probably because I think flashlights are great).  But then I thought that he should have a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake like Grandma had.  So Mickey Mouse it was.  I also declared that we needed party hats. Mommy dug out some leftover party hats from my Dora birthday last year.  It was quite the festive birthday party!



I was really obsessed with the Camp map.  I loved to consult it any time we were going somewhere.  I was also really into the bell.  There is a big bell that rings to let you know that an activity is starting.  I had a weird love/hate relationship with it.  I talked about it constantly but I was also a bit afraid of it (it's LOUD I tell you!). 

 

Another highlight of camp is the campfire night.  We sing songs around the campfire and then there are smores.  I only lasted through the singing and then I wanted to go back to our room.  I was pretty tired and honestly, I really wanted to use my flashlight to lead us back through the woods. 

 Playing some checkers
 
 
 Grandpa is not a very good goalie.  I was scoring goals constantly!!
 
And some pedal boating with Daddy.  All in all it was a really really fun weekend!

I'll post in a day or so the update on the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment