On Tuesday I got up pretty early so we were ready to go earlier than normal in the morning. Mommy decided it'd be a good day to go to the children's museum. We have wanted to go see the new Curious George exhibit before it leaves. Not only was the exhibit fun, but Curious George himself showed up for some hugs!
Doctor Megan made several appearances this week. Mommy is always amazed at how certain toys and games go through phases where they are my favorite, and then I don't use them for a long time. I'm back on the doctor kick and am currently accepting new patients. All of my stuffed animals and babies and Mommy make great patients.
One morning while Mommy was getting ready I got all bundled up in their quilt. I then told Mommy "I'm Mary!" Mommy thought I was talking about Mary, mother of Jesus and was pretty surprised that I made that connection since we haven't read the Christmas story in a long time and thus have not seen a picture of Mary. But then a few minutes later I called Mommy my little lamb and realized I was being Mary as in "had a little lamb"
On Thursday night we set up our church booth at our community fair. On Friday we showed up to find our fair booth in shambles. A wind storm had come through the night before but Mom and Dad slept through it so they didn't know. They were shocked when they saw the booth ruined. So they spent the first couple hours of the fair putting the booth back together, making a trip to Home Depot, Office Max and home. Once our shift was over and the booth was repaired we got to enjoy the fair. After some fair food (I had Mac-a-Rooni and Cheese from Outback...I shocked my parents by eating cheese covered penne pasta. I'm usually super fussy about my pasta shape!), we headed to some booths and went on some rides.
I enjoyed my unlimited ride wristband to the fullest. Lots of fun rides to go on!
VRROOOOOOOM!!
They had a big slide here..not quite as giant as the "giant slide" at the State Fair.
I would LOVE to win these giant Mickey and Minnie plush toys!
On Saturday morning we got up bright and early to head to the State Fair. Daddy's work sponsored a day at the fair so we had our matching t-shirts and discount tickets. Daddy was an official "spotter" so we also had to find other people wearing our shirts and handed out gift cards to the lucky recipients. Our first stop was the Little Farm Hands experience which is always a favorite.
Hopefully I'm shorter than 4 chickens next year and still get to ride the tractors!
Some tractor riding. I can haul a small bale of hay and a bucket with the best of them!
Time to plant some crops! I'm very experienced at this after planting a garden at home.
Rain was in the forecast so we did rides in the morning too. No unlimited wristband at the fair so my rides were more limited which was too bad because they had A LOT of cool rides!
And a trip to the fair is not complete without getting to hug a big stuffed character. This is the State Fair mascot. I forgot his name..oops!
And a pose for the camera!
And a trip to the State Fair is not complete either without a trip down the giant slide. This is me posing in the silly head cut out at the bottom of the slide.
One thing you can do at the fair when it's raining is do the sky ride! It was nice and dry and really cool to see the whole fair from the air. The rain stopped for a few minutes and we headed to the dairy building to get delicious ice cream treats and then the rain started AGAIN. We felt bad for all the people in the parade that was going on. Nice for us, the parade starts and ends at the dairy building so by the time the parade came back, the rain had stopped and we got to watch most of it. My friend TC Bear was there, as well as the MN Wild mascot, lots of bands and princesses, and even some cheerleaders. They let me shake their pom poms so that was pretty cool!
On Sunday morning we got up early again! This time it was for Daddy's big race. He's been training for a half marathon for a long time now. Mile 12 of the race is on the path right across the street from our backyard so we got to cheer on Daddy (and some other runners). Here is me with my maracas. Everyone appreciated my cheering. Well maybe except for the guy who was walking. I said loudly, "Mommy he lost his running power!" Mommy was so embarrassed. The guy said, "Yeah the humidity got to me."
Ready to cheer for my Daddy!
And here comes Daddy! He loved my sign!
After the race Daddy got a medal. Here is me admiring it.
Here is Daddy giving me his medal. This year they didn't have medals for the kids race so Daddy gave me his. I really appreciated that as the highlight of races is getting a medal.
The two big racers!

No comments:
Post a Comment