Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What I Did on my Summer Vacation Part II

 Hi everyone!  Well here is part II.  I realized that I never really mentioned what my vacation was about or really where we went in my last post.  We got together with Daddy's side of the family--Nana, Papa, all my cousins, aunts and uncles in Cape Cod for a week. 


So a major highlight of the week was our pirate adventure.  The daddies and daughters took to the high seas for a pirate ship experience.  The mommies enjoyed some time without us kids.  This is Lauren and I in our pirate vests. Soon we got even more decked out.  I was excited that my vest had the treasure map on it!

 The full costume!  I didn't get to keep the vest, but got to keep everything else. 

 Here is the whole pirate crew before we took to the high seas.

 This is us holding the pieces of the treasure map.  We had to put all the pieces together to figure out where we would find the treasure.

 One of the landmarks we had to look for was the lighthouse.  Good thing my daddy was with as we all know he can spot a lighthouse from miles away.

 I'm on the lookout for treasure!

 Another pirate came along trying to steal the treasure.  Time to shoot her with the water cannons!



 I'm REALLY excited!!


We're bringing in the treasure!
 While everyone else was enjoying the special pirate drink, I helped myself to turning the wheel.  We all know how I enjoy turning a big wheel and have no interest in strawberry soda.


Nothing says "pirate" like doing the limbo.  A special thanks to Cousin Anna for limbo-ing with me!

 The entire pirate crew!

 Lauren and I after our pirate adventure.  We got to bring home lots of awesome treasure.

 In the afternoon it was time to break out the slip and slide!!  Then Daddy showed everyone how it's done!






 And a much needed ice pop!

 Each night a different family was in charge of making dinner for the crew.  On our night we had a pasta bar and Mommy made my favorite dessert--ice cream dessert!  My cousin Josh really enjoyed it too! The proof is on his face!

 One night Daddy and I took an evening stroll to the beach.  The sky was beautiful and we had a little photo shoot.  It was too bad I was having a bad hair day.

 The next day we headed on a little road trip to the National Seashore.  On the way we stopped at a restaurant for lunch.  It was the first and only time we tried taking all 15 of us out to eat.  It went pretty well!!

 Lauren and I after lunch.  Mommy didn't realize how much Lauren and I hung out until looking at all the pictures. We were good buds!
 The beach was amazing.  The sand was super soft and just the perfect texture for making sandcastles.  And it was fun because it was a cloudy day so we didn't have to get totally slathered up in sunscreen. 



Daddy and I doing a little exploring.  The water was pretty cold so we didn't do a lot of swimming here.

Our finished sand castle

 There was a ridge in the sand that was really fun to play in.  Then I decided to dig a big hole.  It was super fun. I kept digging and digging. Mommy called me a little sand crab.


 On our last day at the vacation house it was H-O-T.  The rest of the week wasn't bad being without a/c but this day was really humid and you can tell by my wet hair. That's sweat..not wet from a bath or swimming.  Cousin Ellie was a really good friend to me too and read me this book.  She is a great reader!

One of my favorite things to do at home is sweep lately. I like to sweep and then pretend I'm Cinderella and then like for someone to tell the Cinderella story.  On the last day I found the broom and went sweeping away. I'm sure I was a big help. 
 A picture of Nana and Papa and all (but one) of their grandchildren.  Cousin Abby was not in the mood for a photo shoot and therefore is not in the picture. 
Mommy, Daddy, and Me!

 On the last night Nana and Papa handed out Olympic medals. We each got a medal for being the best at something.  I got the medal for most enthusiastic as I'm always up for any adventure!

On Saturday morning we got packed up and headed to Boston to fly home. We got a call that our plane was delayed so we returned our rental car, checked our bags, and took the subway to downtown Boston.  Much to my delight, the carousel workers showed up that day and I got to actually ride it!! We had lunch at a fun place and also headed to the aquarium to see the seals that are on the outside exhibit.  Then it was time to take the subway back to the airport and come home.  The subway ride was quite possibly the highlight of my trip.

And finally, some big news to share with the blog world.  I'm going to be a big sister in late January 2013.  I've gotten to see my little brother or sister on ultrasound and also got to hear his/her heartbeat at the doctor yesterday. I'm VERY excited! 

And that is enough pictures and videos for a couple weeks I think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment