Thursday, August 23, 2012

Coming to an End

Hello blog world! Well last week was the week of "lasts".
 
   T-ball finished last Thursday night.  On Tuesday we had our team picture and then on Thursday we played a t-ball game against the parents.  The kids won of course!
 Here is my team.  T-ball/Soccer went much better this session.  I  knew what to expect.  When I know what to expect I do really well.  I don't do well when I have an idea of how something should be and then it turns out differently. 

 Up to bat on Tuesday with Coach Mitch assisting.


And the beloved team cheer!  I got to name our team this time so I was really excited.  Go Blue Dolphins!



Up to bat on Thursday.  It got chilly so it was time to break out the track suit!  On Thursday it was also my last music class.  I'm sad this is done. I really really enjoyed it this year. I learned all the songs and loved singing, dancing, and playing instruments.  But when things end it just means new things are beginning.  In a couple weeks I will start preschool, dance, and swimming lessons. I'm especially excited that I get to learn how to tap dance this year. I'm mostly excited about the shoes.


 On Saturday morning we went to Wells for Grandma's birthday party and Kernal Days.  I picked out this gorgeous and grandma appropriate Mickey Mouse Clubhouse "At the Beach" cake.  It was almond cake with raspberry filling.  It was not only visually stunning but it tasted great.  The best part is now I have Mickey and Minnie Mouse figurines to play with.  They are now part of my car toys and boy do they go on some adventures while I'm in my car seat.

 We went to the famous parade in the early evening.  It was much chillier than my last parade experience on the 4th of July (well technically the 3rd).  It was so hot we were just sweating and sweating.  By the end of this parade we were all wearing long sleeves or jackets. 

 Sitting next to Grandma at the Wells parade really has its benefits.  She knows all the kids in the parade and I ended up getting this special firehouse dog plush toy from a boy riding on a firetruck.  I was so impressed! 
 We sat next to my friends Ethan and Henrik and they joined in on the candy grabbing.  I was much more into getting candy this year.  I haven't eaten any of it yet (in fact I sort of forgot about it).  For me it's mostly the thrill of the hunt.

 A highlight of the parade is that Ethan's aunt, also known as Princess Ashley, came to the parade too. We spent a lot of time chatting.  I still thought she was great even though she was not wearing her princess dress.  Here I am showing off all my loot!
 Enjoying the parade with Grandma.  After the parade we went to the park to get some supper.  After supper we went to the petting zoo and then I said, "Let's play a little bingo!"  Earlier in the afternoon I played Lions Bingo with Grandma and I got hooked. I really really really wanted to win.  She was able to tear me away from the Bingo tables by promising we could play again later so I wanted to make sure everyone remembered her promise.  With four of us playing and not many others playing, you would think one of us would win.  Not the case.  In fact in one game Mommy only needed 1 number in 3 different spots to win, Grandma had a couple spots where she just needed one, and Grandpa the same. (We won't mention Daddy..he had a skunky card that round).  And STILL none of us won. I really wanted to yell BINGO!  Finally it was really late and we needed to go home to bed.  I said, "I need to show my card to the guy."  Amazingly I had every single square covered.  So I ran up to the caller and handed him my card.  He was really impressed that I had gotten all the numbers since he hadn't even called any yet.  I said, "I won!" and we left and that seemed to satisfy my need to win.  Mommy wished she had known that and we could have left five dollars earlier! 

 On Sunday we went to the cabin for one last cabin day.  I tried to catch a fish but I didn't have any luck.  The lake was really low due to the hot and dry weather we've had the last month so there were too many weeds around the dock. I'm not sure a fish could even find my hook in all those weeds!

 I love this peek-a-boo window from the kitchen to the porch.  When Mommy was a really little girl this window went to the outside and they had a deck along the front of the cabin.  Now it is an enclosed porch. 
 Practicing my balance beam.  Dance is starting up soon! I need to show how I've improved!

 Picking some flowers for Mommy. 
Just hanging out on the deck.  All these lasts mean that summer is coming to a close soon.  I keep wondering if it is fall yet because I know in the fall we're going to Disney World and I cannot wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment