We had a very busy time while Mom and Dad were away. I got to go to the county fair and play some games and go on some rides.
We went on a couple road trips to Mankato and Rochester. No trip to Grandma's is complete without a stop at Chuck E Cheese of course.
We didn't just travel the whole time. There was lots of time for fun and games. And forts.
And some beautiful days to play outside in the sunshine!
I wowed them with my extensive vocabulary. I kept talking about my habitat. Thanks Sesame Street!
More playing!
I did my part to help the "Vote Yes" movement at Grandma's school. They are trying to get a new school built. I get to appear on television thanks to Uncle Steve and his BEVCOMM connection. I didn't charge for my modeling gig..a little pro bono work.
This week I was home and back to normal schedule. Daddy always laughs when he comes home from work because I'm usually wearing some sort of crazy getup. This day it was a necklace and wings. Notice my owie on my chin. I got that when I was messing around and not getting in my car seat like I was supposed to. In a flash, I was head first onto the ground near the front passenger seat. My chin got scraped and I bit my lip which bled a lot. Mommy said that when she tells me not to be so silly it's to try and prevent me from getting hurt like this. I just love Mommy's teachable moments when I'm crying. If you didn't catch it, I was being sarcastic. A little sympathy Mom!!
T ball is in full swing again. I'm doing much better this session. I do better at things when I know what to expect. I made it through the soccer game without crying every time another kid on my team scored a goal. I even got to score one this time.
On Tuesday it was National Night Out so we had our annual block party. The firetrucks came right before my bedtime.
Driving the fire truck
Even our town princess came for a visit. I wanted my picture taken with the princess. Our neighbors joked that we could cancel our trip to Disney World now that I got my picture taken with a princess. I didn't think this was funny at all!
In the back of the ambulance
On the back of the fire truck.
On Friday night my friend Marah came over. Her parents dropped her off and they went out to dinner. We had lots of fun playing together.
I also had a dentist appointment on Wednesday. I was supposed to have my first official cleaning but I was so nervous about it that they decided to skip it. I did let the dentist examine my mouth and count my teeth. Mom thought I had all my teeth and the dentist informed her that I was missing "A" which is the top right molar. But the good news is that it's poking through. I should have all of my teeth by my 4th birthday. The dentist said I was doing a good job with my brushing and to keep it up. He was also proud of me for kicking the pacifier habit. I got a goodie bag with a new toothbrush and toothpaste and a toy out of the toy machine. I had brought my book "Show Me Your Smile: Dora goes to the dentist." I had it open and I kept asking the dentist and the dental assistant to show me their equipment in reference to the book. I wanted to make sure this was a legit operation. I was a little upset that they didn't have the sink as shown in the book but my dentist told me that the illustrator had drawn kind of an old school set up and that they don't use spitting sinks anymore. That's what Mr. Thirsty (the suctioning straw) is for. Although I didn't get my full cleaning done, I think I at least entertained them a bit with my antics.
Oh and I forgot to say, on Saturday night I went to Marah's house and my parents went to dinner. I had a great time there. They live out in the country so they have a giant yard and so many things to play on. When my parents came back to get me I didn't want to leave! I asked Mom several times today if we could go back to her house. My parents were glad this date night swap was so successful! It may happen again!
Good night!










No comments:
Post a Comment