Our flight was on time and everything went smoothly. We landed in Boston, got our rental car, and headed to our hotel. We checked in and then found a place to eat supper. Then it was time to get back to the hotel room, get in our jammies and go to bed. I found the Bible in the drawer given by the Gideons. I was really impressed that all of my Bible verses were actually IN the Bible. I read the letters B-I-B-L-E and then said, "Hey that's the book for me!"
We got ready in the morning, ate a pretty yucky breakfast, and headed out to explore Boston a bit. We met up with one of Daddy's friends from high school and her family.
Mommy and I posed for a picture. It was a gorgeous day in Boston. We saw big boats and played at a park.
Daddy and I and all the big boats!
After a loooonnng car ride in traffic we ended up here at our house for the week. This was the Bass River and just beyond the river was the ocean.
This was our house for the week. It was huge and could hold all 15 of us comfortably!
We put a small picnic table in the house as the "girls table". It was also fun to hide under.
On Sunday morning instead of trying to get all 15 of us to a random church, we held our own church service. We all wore our cute sundresses.
After lunch it was time to head to the beach! The beach was just a short walk away.
Lots of fun in the sand!
Our sand castle masterpiece!
We came back to the house and got cleaned up and then headed out to a baseball game. There is a Cape Cod league and the games are free. Daddy really wanted to go so we did. Unfortunately I fell asleep within a few minutes of the car ride. No one was happy that I was taking a nap at 5 p.m.
I was a little cranky when I got up but soon I got over it and sort of enjoyed the baseball game.
Me at the baseball game.
My cousin Anna had this fun Bananagram game. I didn't like to play it the "correct way". I liked pretending I was making a banana cake and putting the tiles in the banana and zipping it up. Eventually people convinced me to make words that were ingredients in a banana cake. That was fun too. I needed some help with this of course.
Cousin Anna read us a story on Nana's iPad.
Nana and Papa brought these awesome stomp rockets. We did this A LOT!
We brought my kite with and got to finally fly it! I preferred it when it was low to the ground. Apparently the point of a kite is for it to go high in the sky but I got nervous it was going to fly away.
One day we went to the county fair. It was really fun. We got to ride horses!
And also pretend horses on the carousel!
More fun on the train ride. The parents thought the ride looked boring but we thought it was fun.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Later the rest of the cousins showed up and we all went on rides together.
I've always wanted to be a biker chick!
They even had kangaroos! You couldn't pet them though. But pretty cool nonetheless!
Daddy can spot a lighthouse from miles away!
We headed to the Cape Cod Mall because Mommy needed some better, more comfortable shoes. Much to my delight..yet another carousel!
I got to pick one quarter ride to go on (and then my parents found out they were 3 quarters!) I picked this spaceship. My parents thought it was a rip off as it didn't move at all. All it did was make noise. I thought it was fine though.
More fun at the beach. Cousin Lauren had these awesome cupcake molds that you play in the sand. Everyone thought they were great.
And then it was time to bury Lauren in the sand!
And then it was Uncle Mark's turn to get buried!
Then I wanted to be buried. We just did my legs though.
More fun in the sand.
We had a brief rain shower and then got this beautiful rainbow. It was actually a double rainbow!
WHEW! Ok stay tuned for part II!
No comments:
Post a Comment