My favorite thing to see where these cool umbrellas. When we were driving home past Macy's I saw a window display of identical umbrellas and said, "Hey that's where they bought the umbrellas!" Apparently it was an advertisement for the flower show...not a store full of umbrellas.
I was impressed by all the pretty flowers. The blue and purple flowers were my favorite. My mommy thought the blue orchids were the prettiest. Andrew was asleep the whole time so he didn't have a favorite.
More pretty flowers! It was a really fun afternoon. After the show I thought it'd be fun to go to the gift shop where I found the bakery display. I suggested that Mommy and I could share a cookie. I've found that it's to my advantage to not ask for things directly.
Last Saturday I got to go on a play date with my friend Bella to the children's museum. Bella's mommy picked me up and took us girls to the museum. We had a really good time and even got to go to lunch afterward. To add to the excitement of the day, later that afternoon Daddy and I went to the community expo. There is always lots to do there like checking out a police car.
Daddy and I took a little break at the expo to have some ice cream. What a fun day!
Andrew and I played sleepover one morning in the entryway. Andrew found this game just as much fun as I did. We had all the things you need for a sleepover: blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, a puzzle, a decorative umbrella..............
This is me teaching Andrew pat-a-cake at our sleepover. And also teaching him about words that start with "B"
On Thursday I had my school program "Spring Fling". It was a bit ironic as we had a snowstorm that caused my grandparents not to be able to come see it. But the show was able to go on and what a show it was!
We learned The Lord's Prayer for our program. I am very expressive in my prayers!
I love to perform!
After the program we had ice cream sundaes!
This is my beloved teacher, Miss Jackie. Words can't describe how much I love her! She is the best teacher!
This weekend we took a road trip to Wells for Steve's birthday party. It was Andrew's first long car trip. He did pretty good.
This is me and Mommy's cousin Jeff. Everyone came to celebrate Steve's birthday and to meet Andrew!
Steve let me pick the theme for his party. I thought a pirate party would be fun. His cake was so cool and it was really delicious.
Delicious I say! The ice cream was pretty good too!
The whole crew (minus Daddy who took this picture!)
The next morning we went to the fire station for a pancake breakfast. Those firefighters really know how to make good pancakes! Yummmmy!
Before we headed back home it was time for a little castle building.
What else is new?
- The NCAA basketball tournament is over. I was so disappointed that Michigan lost to Louisville. When Mommy told me this the next morning I shed a few tears. "I didn't want Lousiville to win! I wanted Michigan!!!!"
- I was really into the NCAA tournament...more so than my parents would have ever dreamed. I can recite which teams Michigan beat to make it to the championship. One day I was reciting their wins and stopped and asked Daddy, "When do they play Kazakhstan?" Can you tell I've been working on my world puzzle?!! Daddy said he didn't think Kazakhstan had a basketball team. And if they did, they wouldn't be playing in this tournament. USA colleges only.
- I was singing Baa Baa Black Sheep to Andrew the other day..... "One for the master...one for the hay......" I guess I messed up the words? I thought it was strange that hay needed some wool.
- One day I was looking for the cross I made at school. Mommy was upstairs and I was downstairs yelling that I couldn't find it. Mommy came down and I said, "Mommy I've looked everywhere and can't find my cross." Mommy looked on the counter right next to me and said, "Megan it's right here...you didn't look very hard!" And I said, "No....I looked very soft..."
- I have started to try some new foods. As many of you know, I don't have a lot of variety in my diet. There are a lot of things I outright refuse to eat or even try. Mommy came up with an idea to start Megan's Cookbook because I like it when Mommy teaches me how to cook things. Our deal is if we cook it together and I eat it, I can make a recipe page for my cookbook. So far I have tried corn, pizza, spaghetti, and a corn dog. Stay tuned for more new foods!


No comments:
Post a Comment