Friday, May 17, 2013

Not Easy to be a Rock Star

 Don't I look like a real rock star?  A princess rock star to be more exact.  I got this getup at my friend Brynn's birthday party on Saturday.  More on that later!

 Mommy got "Just Dance 3" for Wii for her birthday.  While Daddy was gone last week on another work trip, Mommy thought it'd be fun to do together. I was in a pretty bad mood while Daddy was away and almost everything threw me into a crying fit.  It was a long 3 days for Mommy. Anyway, I told Mommy that I couldn't do it because I didn't know how and I didn't want to try.  So Mommy just did it by herself.  Then when Daddy got home, we did it as a family and I figured out that I liked it. 


This is Daddy and I doing Just Dance.  I was getting a little frustrated that I was never winning or getting the crown so Daddy tried his best to let me win this time. 


 This is me, Andrew and Mommy on Mother's Day!  We were on our best behavior for Mommy (well at least for this picture!)

 And not to leave Daddy out....


 Ok back to Brynn's birthday party!  I was SO excited to go to this party. It was a "Princess and the Pop Star" party.  We did lots of fun things.  Brynn had a bucket full of dress up clothes that were fun to play with.  Here I am as Ariel.

 And  then I got to be a princess fairy too.  Other highlights of the party was breaking the pinata, cake, a mini bouncy house, and making puzzles.  I had such a fun time picking out her presents.  Yes that is plural.  It became clear to Mommy while shopping at Target that we were better off picking out a lot of little things, than trying to decide on one "big" thing as I wanted to get her everything.  Mommy apologized to Brynn's Mommy for all the "junk" but Brynn loved every.single.thing I got her.
 The weather finally warmed up enough to wear some new summery clothes.  My lanyard that Daddy got me matched perfectly.  Now when he goes on trips he finds me a new pin to put on my lanyard.  I call it my necklace.  On a side note, in this picture I look just like Mommy when she was a little girl!

 Today was pajama day at dance class.  I wore my "ball gown" nightgown (and tights)

 And piggy tails!  I only let Mommy give me piggy tails when it's some sort of special dress up day.  I, for some reason, don't think pig tails are appropriate for "regular days"

Speaking of dance, I got my dance pictures back.  Guess I forgot my smiles this day.  Mom and Dad are speculating that I must have been mad about something before the picture got taken because normally I am so photogenic for professional pictures.  Guess Uncle Steve will have to work his magic at my recital!

What else is new with me?
  • On my Mother's Day card to Mommy I had ten reasons why I'm thankful for her.  Here they are
1.  She is kind to me
2. She always takes good care of me when Daddy is gone
3.  She makes my favorite macaroni
4.  She teaches me how to make different foods
5.  She takes me to parks
6.  She loves me
7.  She talks to me whenever I am hurt
8.  She goes on vacation with me
9.  She takes care of Andrew
10.  She takes me to Target

  • The other night at dinner I brought my magic wand to the table.  I tried really hard but I was unable to cast a spell to change my dinner into a cupcake.  That was a bummer.  Maybe the fact that it is currently held together by some packing tape had something to do with it. 
  • There is only 1 more day of preschool left before summer break.  Today I wondered if Daddy got summer break.  Unfortunately, no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment