Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The "Lasts"

 Spring is here finally (sort of..)  Our tulips we planted last fall are coming up and brightening up our walkway!

 I've been really into flowers.  Here is the "vase" of "flowers" I picked for Mommy.  I was pretty upset when they ended up in the trash the next morning.  Apparently they aren't really "vase" type flowers. 
 We went to a get together at Nolan and Logan's house this past weekend.  Logan and I enjoyed our mac and cheese together. 
 I gave Steen a checkup.  His high blood pressure indicated he had cavities.  I might have gotten my medical things a little mixed up.

 The kids playing outside.  The adults thought it was pretty cold but that didn't stop us from playing.

 We had popcorn and movie night. I chose to watch Tangled (the Rapunzel movie).  It required me to be in full Rapunzel costume.

 On a particularly nice Saturday we got to go to the Twins game. Andrew stayed home with his babysitters, Grandma, Grandpa and Steve.


 The Pohlads and me!

 It was fun to have a night out with my parents.  It was just like old times before we had Andrew!

 Popcorn was my treat of choice at the game.  My friends let me borrow their binoculars.  That was a highlight of the game!

It was my last day of preschool and last dance class this past week.  We had an end of the year picnic that was really really cold.  Definitely not picnic weather.  This is Miss Kay and me. She was my Lunch Bunch teacher.  I'm really going to miss her!  All of the lasts were sad but we have some fun activities planned for this summer.  I will be a busy girl as usual.

What else is new?
  • I started saying, "Got it Mommy?" a lot and Mommy said she didn't like "got it".  I had to find a nicer way of saying that like  "Ok, Mommy?" "Alright Mommy?"  Then the other day Daddy told me to do something and said "Got it Megan?" and I said, "I don't like got it Daddy.." 
  • Andrew and I were eating our cereal one morning and I was being particularly slow about it. Mommy said, "I wonder who will finish their cereal first..Andrew or Megan?"  I told Mommy "It's not a race.  It's not always about winning!"  Apparently I only think things are a competition when I know I can win.
  • I got great news this week that my preschool teacher is going to be teaching VBS at her church so I get to have her as my teacher for one more week!  I'm so excited. I keep asking if it's June yet. 
  • I am really enjoying my baby brother these days.  My favorite thing to do is make him laugh.  He thinks I am the funniest of anybody.  I also like cheering him on when he rolls over.  I am definitely his biggest fan. 
  • Mommy usually tells me when I'm going to sleep that I need to be quiet because Andrew is going to be sleeping next door. Last night when I went to bed I told Mommy to tell Andrew to be quiet because I'm going to be sleeping next door.  It's a two way street! 
  • Our neighbors won a contest and last weekend their front yard was transformed from a normal lawn to an "edible landscape".  This was really interesting to me. Lots of dump trucks, 25+ people working in their yard, video cameras, and lots of plants! There was a guy filming for a documentary about it. I might be featured in it.  I was very willing to talk to the camera.  They even made a kids garden.  I'm very excited to get to harvest something.  I wish things grew a lot faster! It's hard to wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment