Friday, June 7, 2013

Spa Girl

 Hello!  At school we "grew" butterflies. They were supposed to emerge from their cocoons and be released at our end of the year picnic.  Well, they, like everything this spring, were delayed and so they weren't even out of their cocoons for our picnic so they scheduled a special "Butterfly Release" time last Friday at school.  Amazingly, the sun was out and it was a nice day...albeit pretty windy!  I was so happy to see my favorite teacher Miss Jackie!

 A lot of my preschool friends, like Chase, were there

 Releasing the butterflies.  This was much less dramatic than Mommy envisioned.  The butterflies were pretty pokey about coming out of the cage.  Some had to be really coaxed out. 


 The other exciting thing last Friday was my first trip to the spa.  Well it's really just a salon for kids, but they do manicures and pedicures too.  I've been asking about having my toes painted so Mommy scheduled a girls outing for us.  I was SO excited.  It was all I could talk about leading up to it.  And the experience did not disappoint! This is me getting ready to soak my feet.  The water was a little hot for me so she put some cool water in.

 Soaking my feet...getting pampered!

 I was so well behaved and listened to all the instructions.  I asked about a million questions. I wanted to know about everything about painting toes and also about everything else going on at the salon that day. 

 The finished product!  Pink nail polish with a sparkle layer.  I am so proud of them. I show them off whenever possible!  Mommy got just pink nails and no sparkles. I really wanted us to match but Mommy said she really didn't want to be that sparkly.

 On Saturday it was my buddy Nolan's birthday! He had a Minnesota Twins party!

 We had lots of fun at his party and everyone wore their Twins gear!

 Me being silly at the party

 I was so worn out from the party that I fell asleep on the way to meet Grandma!  I went to Grandma's Saturday afternoon to Tuesday.  I pretty much never take a nap, much less fall asleep in the car, so this was a rare moment! 

 On Wednesday this week Daddy took the day off from work to have a family day.  We went to the Mall of America and went mini golfing since the weather was so crummy.


 This was my first time mini golfing and I had a fantastic time. We didn't keep score this time. It was just about learning how to putt!

 I had a purple club and a purple ball so I was really happy about that!


 After lunch I got to pick out two rides to go on.  We went on the little roller coaster and the bumper cars. I wasn't old enough to drive the bumper car but it was still a lot of fun.

 To finish our day we had gelato.  Much to my delight, the flavor of the day was "Violet" which was basically purple ice cream with purple sprinkles and tasted like a purple jelly bean.  Yum!

 The rest of these photos are from a couple weeks ago.  I think I forgot to tell you about our zoo misadventure.  We had a play date set up with my friend Bella. Our moms decided we should go to the zoo.  Unfortunately neither one was specific about which zoo and we went to one zoo and they went to the other zoo. Oops!  There is a little amusement park at the zoo we went to so Mommy said I could go on some rides. 
Teacups!

My favorite ride there were these little cars to drive around.  In this video we were playing red light green light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment