Sunday, December 22, 2013

Long time no see! I'm 5 now..Yipee!


Hello!

I hope I still have blog followers.  I have not been good at keeping up with my blog as of late.  Mommy is always so busy.  I'll do my best to recap the last month for you!

This is me in my recital costume for next spring.  We got to try them on for sizing.  I think I'll look pretty in my red sparkly costume!  I just put it over my other leotard so the white part won't be a part of my costume. 
We got SNOW!  We haven't had any really big storms but lots of smaller ones that have been piling up.  On this particular day we got snow and it was the day before a huge cold front was coming in so I had to get out and play before it got too cold. 

Throwing snowballs at my slide.

My sweater vest is still a favorite snuggly thing to wear!
 
 We have been doing some Christmas baking around here.  We haven't done as many as usual since we have Andrew and he takes up a lot of time.  But we did do our cut outs and Mommy said that every time we do them, I improve on my skills.  And I'm doing much better at not licking things.  Some day soon my decorated cookies won't be quarantined from other cookies.

I have really been into playing Wii fit lately.  I like doing yoga and running the best.  I get really sad when my Mii gets dejected after not winning something. The running and yoga ones are more "individual" sports and not really a race so those go better for me.  My parents think it's really funny to watch me do planks. 

One day Andrew took a nice nap and we made a gingerbread house.  We also made little gingerbread men and women one day too.  This is our house!  Turned out pretty good I think!
 

I had my annual Christmas dance program last week.  I was all decked out in my holiday best. 
 Ready to dance!

 My whole class. It's not an easy task to take our picture!

 A pensive ballerina
Ready to tap tap tap!
 


On Thursday, Daddy stayed home from work because I had two surprises!  The first surprise was a visit to Macy's to visit "A Day in the Life of an Elf" and see Santa.  As a special bonus, Mrs. Claus was there too!

I liked telling Santa what I wanted for Christmas.  Andrew was really not liking Santa at all.  He didn't get a chance to tell Santa what he wanted.  My parents said that was fine and assured me that Santa knows what nearly 1 year old little boys want for Christmas.  The other big surprise of the day was that my Nana and Papa flew in for my birthday!  My parents knew they were coming but kept it a secret.  Daddy took me for a little drive and we ended up at the airport.  I was so thrilled!
 
 Speaking of Christmas, we had our Christmas card photo shoot at Grandma's while we were there for Thanksgiving.  I was insistent on getting my photo taken in front of this reflection shield thing that Steve uses for photography.  I posed my parrot and he snapped this.  I thought this was the perfect picture for our Christmas card.  If you got a card from us, then you know that my parents disagreed...

 A few of the favorites from our shoot!

 Looking so grown up!
Andrew looking a little nervous with me holding him!

On Friday we had pajama day at school.  We had a birthday party for Jesus!  We also celebrated my birthday.  This is me in the special chair.
Blowing out my birthday candles!


The birthday girl!

 My actual birthday was Saturday and so was my birthday party.  Can you guess the theme of my party?
 I was a lovely Cinderella!  I insisted on having a "surprise party" in which I did all of the planning and greeted all of my guests at the door.  The "surprise" part was I wanted everyone to hide, and then jump out and yell "SURPRISE!"  So everyone obliged.  It was great!

 My friends Bella, Nolan and Logan came to my party along with both of my grandparents and the kids' parents.
 Having our Cinderella lunch!

 Daddy made us a treasure hunt.  Along the way we had to break open this piñata to get our next clue.
 The last clue took me to one of my birthday presents.....a puppet theater! I've been putting on lots of shows!
 I've really really really really really wanted a Fur Real Friends "Daisy" Play with Me Kitty.  It's all I've been talking about.  Imagine my delight when I opened up a present and there she was. Daisy has been getting lots of attention and amazing us with her tricks. She truly is "Full of surprises" as advertised.
My cake!  The Cinderella characters have been performing a lot in my puppet shows!
 
 
 No Cinderella party is complete without a dance with Prince Charming...also known as Nolan.
 
 
This picture is a bit out of order.  On Friday night Nana, Papa, Daddy, Mommy, Andrew and me went out to dinner to Chilis.  That is my birthday restaurant of choice.  They don't sing to you but they do give you a delicious brownie sundae.  I was nice and shared with everyone.  It was a pretty big dessert! 
 
What else is new with me?
  • I'm 5! This is both very exciting and sad for me.  I was a little sad to not be 4 anymore.  But there are lots of exciting things that come with being 5. I insist that I grew overnight. My arms are definitely longer than they were last week.
  • I've already decided that my next birthday party is going to be a Rapunzel party. I told Dad today that next year I just want a "regular birthday party."  Dad asked what that meant.  I said I didn't want a surprise party like this year. Daddy said that would be fine (and also wondered how much less of a surprise my party could have been!)
  • The other day I told Mommy that if Andrew needed more nutrition that she should give him Enfagrow Toddler Transitions.  She asked me how I knew about that and I told her from tv.  I'm very aware of what is going on. Marketing people love me.  One day Mommy caught me singing, "Nationwide is on your siiiiide!"
  • I am still doing well in swimming.  We are on Christmas break now and will start a new session of eels after the 1st of the year.  I'm really close to swimming on my own.
  • I'm on Christmas break for school and dance.  I'm going to pom pom dance camp next Monday.  My other Christmas break plans are to get a pedicure (my reward for improvement in eating habits), visit my grandparents in Wells, and hopefully go see the move "Frozen"
  • Daddy went to Puerto Rico for a  work trip a couple weeks ago.  While Mommy was driving me to preschool, we were in a car accident.  Everyone was fine but our car needed to be towed and we have had a rental car.  I wasn't that scared of the accident. I was mostly concerned about being late to preschool.  Thankfully Diane was able to help us out and drive me to and from preschool that day. Grandma came up to the rescue and helped us while Daddy was away. We are hopefully getting our car back on Christmas Eve.  Mommy is hoping it has a big red bow on it like they always show on TV. 
Have a wonderful Christmas!!

1 comment: