Monday, February 3, 2014

Christmas and New Years and more!

I worked very hard trying new foods and eating without being told, and I earned enough stars to get a pedicure at my favorite place, Salon Bambino.

Just in time for Christmas I got fancy snowman toes!

On Christmas Eve we drove to Wells.  A snowstorm came and we were not able to go to our usual church.  Instead we went to the church up the street from Grandma's house and boy was that cool!  They had all the kids participate in the Christmas story play.  I got to be a sheep.  You know how I feel about performing! And costumes!

Waiting for our cue....

Being a well behaved sheep
 
 I got to open a few presents on Christmas Eve

 On Christmas morning I opened the rest of my presents.
 When we got back home Daddy still had a few more days off from work so we got to do lots of fun things together.  I got to go ice skating for the first (and so far, only) time this year. 



Skating!
 After skating I took a little time to play in the playground.

 I got a cool science kit from my parents for Christmas.  Safety first!

 On New Year's Eve we went to a kids party put on by our city park and recreation group.  We ate our dinner and played some Bingo.
 They had a DJ and did the limbo.  Mommy volunteered to be one of the limbo stick holders.  She didn't realize how long they would limbo.....

 I got to make a fancy mask

The DJ was loads of fun!  I learned this fun Hawaiian type dance.

 And there were plenty of inflatables to play, jump, and slide on.

This was the "ball drop" at 7:45 p.m.

I also got this sticky mosaic craft set from my Nana and Papa.  I insisted on wearing my safety goggles from my science kit.  Safety first, remember?!

This picture is a little out of order but it was from the New Year's Eve party. 
 
The other fun thing I got to do during Christmas break was go to Pom Pom Cheer Camp.  I learned all kinds of cheerleading moves and amazingly, let them paint a pom pom on my cheek.  Prior to this I would never participate in face painting.  I learned two cheers.  It was all a lot of fun!

 In early January we packed up and headed out on the road to Wisconsin Dells! Mommy's college sponsored an alumni event at the Kalahari Resort.  It was so much fun! Along with a water park, it also had an indoor theme park that had go karts, mini golf, games, and more.

 The water park was a blast.  There were so many things to do. I spent a lot of time in the kid lazy river.
 Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
 There was even a big elephant to hug.  His name was Kenya.

And a front view!

Me at breakfast! I enjoyed some pancakes!
At night we went to my favorite Dells restaurant..... Buffalo Phils.  It is so awesome mostly because the train brings your drinks and your food!

And you get a really cool hat.
 
 We've been in a never ending cold snap here.  So whenever there is a day where it is above 20 we get pretty excited and feel like we should get outside and enjoy the snow.  Daddy and I went snow tubing on this day.

Since we've been "polar vortexed" more than we would ever have wanted, we've had to find lots of indoor things to do.  One day we discovered nickjr.com and the games you can play on it.  I made my own desk as you can see.
 A major highlight of my month was when I was chosen to take Buddy the bear home.  Buddy is our class teddy bear and everyone gets a turn to take him home for a week.  You keep a journal of all the fun things that Buddy does while he is in your care.  I was THRILLED when I was chosen.  When Mom picked me up at school I ran over and said, "MOM! I have EXCITING news!"

 Buddy was so snuggly to sleep with!

 Buddy got to come to two restaurants with us.  He is quite the social bear.

 Andrew turned ONE!  We of course had a snowstorm on his birthday so his party was delayed one day. The day of his party it was very nice out (above 30) so we had to play in the snow a bit.  Andrew thought it was hilarious if you threw snow on him. 
 Buddy the bear also enjoyed sledding around the yard.

 And Buddy helped me make a snowman.  The snowman is still in our yard because it has been so cold but he's tipping over a bit.  And his pipe fell down and 6 inches of snow are now on top of it.  We'll see it in April we hope!
 
 Another big highlight of my month was my preschool program. I've been practicing and practicing all of my songs. 
 Performing is really one of my greatest skills. I just love it!

In the middle of the program we had a "costume change" and put on our hats and mittens.  I had a cold but as they say in show business, "The show must go on!" and I did my very best.
 
 

Mommy got a babysitter for Andrew because my program was right in the middle of his nap.  We took the opportunity to go out to lunch before going home.  We went to Noodles! I liked that I could see my preschool from the window.  I also made a friend with a lady next to us. 
I got this puppet theater for my birthday.  I had a bit of a static problem on this day...

Mommy and I went with Logan and his mommy to Sesame Street Live. 
We had a fun afternoon date together.  I got a Sesame Street pennant and we shared a pretzel.  All was right in the world!

Daddy had a birthday this month too!  Andrew isn't in this picture because we had to put him to bed first before we had cake.  Andrew ended up getting sick too, and in true Andrew fashion, he had to get much sicker than me.  On this day he basically didn't take a 2nd nap and was super duper grumpy.  We thought that we'd all enjoy Daddy's birthday celebration a lot more after he was in bed.  And we did!  

Mommy took Andrew to urgent care on Tuesday night and he was diagnosed with croup.  On Thursday he wasn't any better so Mommy called his doctor.  He wanted to see him, so we had to wait for the snow storm to stop (another 6 inches!) and we headed out.  I came with too since Daddy was working.  It was a good thing because as it turned out, Andrew had pneumonia and I was wheezing.  So Andrew got antibiotics and we both got albuterol for our nebulizer and a steroid to help open up our airways.  We are both doing much better now.  This is me getting my nebulizing treatment.  Mommy was delighted at how easy it is to "neb" me as I can just sit and read a book.  Andrew on the other hand is not a huge fan of nebulizing although he is getting better at it.  Not quite as much wrestling and crying.
I was so glad that I got better because I had a very important princess tea party birthday to go to yesterday.  One of my buddies from preschool had a very fun party.  Best of all, it was one where your parents drop you off so Mommy got lots of errands done while I tea partied!  Don't I just look so glam? I found lots of accessories and I even got to wear a little blush. 
 
 
On Sunday I got to sing two songs at the church where I go to preschool.  It was Lutheran Schools week so we sang in front of the church as a part of that celebration.
 


I'll try to be a better blogger in 2014!  Thanks for hanging in there with me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment