Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Spring is sort of here!






It's hard to tell what season it is in Minnesota.  You can't just judge what people are wearing.  On this particular day I wanted to wear my Belle outfit but Mom said it was too cold.  This was my solution to that problem.  I also went to the dentist on this day.  When I walked in they said, "Wow that's quite an outfit" and Mommy made sure to note that I had dressed myself that day....

Speaking of the dentist I had one of my better appointments.  I let the dental hygienist do most of the cleaning things until we got to the very end to the fluoride polish.  At that point I refused to open my mouth and Mom had to pry open my mouth for them to do it. Other than that I was a pretty good patient.  And now we don't need to do that again for another 6 months!  On a sweet note, we usually tease Andrew that he will be a dentist someday because he loves putting his hands in our mouths.  I told Mommy that when I grow up I want to be the "nurse" at Andrew's dentist office, "You know..to keep him company."  Mom thought that was very sweet of me.


I have been asking my mom to make donuts for a long time.  One day at Target she found this new product from Pillsbury.  They were super easy to make (so easy that I could do most of it myself).  Donuts were mixed, baked, frosted and sprinkled in about a half hour.  Daddy, Andrew and I thought they were super good. Mom thought they tasted just ok. 


I had my dance pictures and told Mom I wanted to do a photo shoot. Here are a few of the best.








We got a visit from Flat Stanley. He originated in Tennessee I think.  We didn't really get to take him anywhere fun as it was kind of a boring time of our month where we were stuck inside most of the time.  But he still had fun in Minnesota and then we shipped him off to Wisconsin.


Since it's been difficult to enjoy spring outside we decided to experience it INSIDE. The Macy's Spring Flower Show is something I look forward to every year.  This year especially for some reason.  This year's theme was The Secret Garden.  There were beautiful flowers everywhere. It smelled so good!


There was a big storm coming the next day so the flower show was much busier than usual.  It was hard to take decent pictures because there were people everywhere!
 

Andrew thought the show was ok.  He was most impressed with the cookie we shared afterward from the Macy's bakery.  (Side note: If you ever go to Macys, get the frosted sugar cookie.  It is super delicious).
 

My favorite part of the flower show was this giant flower dress. 
 
I think this was the result of that storm the day after the flower show...  The nice thing about April snows is that it's usually decently warm for playing in and the snow is really wet and good for snowballs and snowmen.  I made an Olaf and then Daddy and I put on a "Frozen" play.  I was Elsa.  Daddy was everyone else, except Olaf.
 


Now this is more like it.  The other good thing about April snows is that they typically go away pretty fast.  We were super happy to go to the park on this day.
 

Now that Andrew is a good walker, it was time to go to the Children's Museum.  I found this beaver costume.  I needed to wear it to stay warm in the Arctic.
 
This was me at the dinosaur exhibit.

Much to my delight, this squirrel puppet named George came out to play.  I love puppets.



This is me giving George a hug before it was time to find him a home.  We found him a good spot in a tree.
This is what I'd look like if I was a turtle!

I'm taking a break from swimming lessons and doing a session of gymnastics at a local high school. They started us on the high bar on the first night!


On the low bar we got to jump

Keeping my balance!
 
Doing a front somersault


I have been keeping close tabs on the construction progress at our new Chuck E Cheese in my town.  On Friday I noticed the sign said "Opening in 3 days." Since I can do math, I knew that meant Monday.  We went to the grand opening after preschool.
 
There were only a couple families there so we had the place almost to ourselves.  When Chuck E Cheese came out, we had a lot of time with him. Andrew REALLY liked Chuck so he had no time to turn around for the camera.


Chuck E Cheese taught us a fun dance called the "Chuck E".  It was so much fun.
 
 
Yesterday we went to the Giggle Factory and got some energy out.  Daddy went to California this week for work so we found lots of fun things to do while he was gone.  Today he comes home. Yay! 
 
Catch you after Easter!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment