Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day (20 Weeks)

Good afternoon and a Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there! I'd like to give a special "shout out" to my mommy and also my grandmas! You're the best! I am really having a lot of fun these days playing on a blanket on the floor. I love to roll over and play with my toys. I'm still just rolling back to tummy. I stay in this position for awhile. Then when I get sick of it I just let out some good wails until someone flips me over. Apparently I am able to do this myself (or so I'm told) but I'm really not interested in trying right now. My buddy Callum can roll both ways so Mommy put her laptop on the floor for me to watch a video of Callum rolling the other direction. She said it was a "how-to" video. Callum makes it look so easy but like I said, at this time, I'm not interested in rolling from tummy to back. I am a "pro" at rolling from back to tummy however. I'm getting really fast at it. Mommy always puts me on my mat in the morning while she goes to get the kitties out of the basement. One day in the 45 seconds she was gone I managed to flip on my tummy and take off both my socks! Taking off my socks is a new game I play. I try to see how many times I can take them off before Mommy gives up and lets me just go barefoot.

These days I'm going to bed earlier. In the old days (before solid food) I went to bed between 10-11 p.m. Now I go to bed sometime between 7:30-8:30 p.m. If I don't get a good nap in the afternoon sometimes the time before bed gets a little wild and I'm pretty cranky. Mom and Dad don't want to put me to bed any earlier because then I get up wicked early (a little lingo for all you East Coast folks out there). So this is a photo depicting bad parenting. Yes my parents did set up my Bumbo seat in front of the TV. I really really like to watch TV and to damper my crabbiness, they tried this set up. It worked..well at least for a few minutes!

Speaking of my Bumbo seat, I like to practice my backbends and knock over my cups in my chair. This means I'm either going to become an Olympic gymnast or a demolition expert. My daddy really likes to watch the Olympics so I think he'd pick gymnast.


Mommy and Daddy always call me Baby Moses after a bath. I don't really get what that means, do you? Speaking of baths, I learned how to splash in the tub this week. This makes bath time even more appealing! See the video at the end of my post.



I haven't slept in my pack and play yet but I do have fun playing in it. Here is me and my bear and bunny from my Great Aunt Judy.




Have you ever heard the old saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you?" Well, it turns out you should also not scratch the hand that feeds you. Mommy's hands got really scratched up this week from me. We have been battling over the spoon. I really want to grab it and Mommy won't give it to me. In our power struggle, I always lose (my Mommy is really strong) but I left some deep scratches on her hand. After that I was treated to a manicure. Speaking of food, the picture above is my daddy feeding me bananas. My 2 new foods of the week were applesauce and bananas. My favorite food is still oatmeal but the fruits are pretty good too. Mommy is making my baby food for me. She knows all about pureed diets since she has a degree in dietetics so I trust her.





Today for Mother's Day we went out to the Mediterranean Cruise Cafe in Eagan and guess who showed up? Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Steve! Everyone enjoyed the Mother's Day buffet complete with gyros and baklava and hummus and other yummy Mediterranean delights and I had milk (borrrrrring!). I was really good until the very end. I ended up wailing pretty good and even on the car ride home. We pulled over at one point because Mommy thought maybe I needed to burp. I burped and was better so she put me back in my car seat and we were back on the road. I was still NOT happy and wailed until I gave up and went to sleep. Mom and Dad were so relieved because I was crying really loud with tears and there was no stopping it.
Enjoy my two videos below. One is of me splashing in the tub and the other was when Alex was trying to get me to pet him. Silly Alex! He'd better watch out because his tail is looking mighty enticing to pull!









No comments:

Post a Comment