
Hi everyone!
This was another big week for me! I learned how to roll over all by myself this week! On Thursday I was really close and Mommy had her video camera all ready so that Daddy wouldn't miss out when he was at work. I tried and tried but just couldn't get all the way over. Then the battery on the camera went out so Mommy had the digital camera ready since that has video capabilities as well. By that point I was pretty tuckered out and there was to be no more rolling on Thursday. Then Friday morning came. Mommy put me down on my mat while she went to get the kitties out of the basement. When she came upstairs she saw that I was getting close to rolling over again so she grabbed the video camera. She then realized that she never plugged it in the day before so the battery was still dead. She quickly grabbed the digital camera and started shooting the big moment. Just as I was about to flip over the camera flashed "out of memory!" Foiled again! Mommy ran to download the images and pictures off the camera quickly but alas she was not quick enough. When she looked over she saw me in all my glory all the way on my tummy.

According to the books, babies usually flip from tummy to back first. Not me! I like to go from back to front. Maybe this week I'll learn how to flip myself back! Stay tuned! I also expanded my diet to include oatmeal and barley cereal. Yum yum yum! I love eating off a spoon. I think I'm ready to feed myself so I always grab the spoon. Mom says I'm not quite ready for that yet.

On Tuesday it was Mommy's golden birthday. That means she turned 28 on the 28
th. I have to explain this because apparently celebrating golden birthdays is a
midwest thing as Daddy had never heard of this before moving to Minnesota. He was so confused what the big deal was when he turned 29 and people kept saying excitedly "Oh it's your golden birthday!" Anyway--we had an awesome day. Daddy took the day off from work. We went out to lunch because Daddy had his very last MBA class on Tuesday night. We also went to downtown St Paul to a place called
Candyland to get Mommy's favorite white cheddar popcorn and then picked up Mommy's birthday cake. Then when we got home Mommy left for the spa. While Mommy got a massage and pedicure Daddy and I went for a really long stroller ride and played. It was great!

On Friday night we all got on our college duds and headed to
Burnsville for the last game club until Fall. The theme was "college" so I wore my Cornell
onesie and
UW-Stout bib so that I did not play favorites between my parents' colleges.

I was on my best behavior yet at game club. All the game club babies were there this time so I got to hang out with my boys again. They all went to bed but since I'm so experienced at game club I know what a great time it is so I stayed up nearly the whole time. I didn't cry though so Mom and Dad (and everyone else) was happy with me!

My bears attacked me the other day in my chair. It was funny!

Last night Mom and Dad went on a date to the
Chanhassen Dinner Theatre to see Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. They told me kids under 5 aren't allowed so Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Steve came to babysit. I always like when they come because they usually bring presents and there are lots of people to play with me!
Have a great week!
Megan
megan, we love following your blog every week, and it was fun to skype with you this week too... planning on coming to visit you in late June!
ReplyDeletelove, grandma and grandpa v
You are a good poser for the camera! Every time we get out the camera when Callum is smiling, he immediately stops and stares at the camera!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've been busy--can't wait to try the cereal thing too!
BTW, I love your green polka dotted pants!