Sunday, May 17, 2009

Look Ma...No Hands! (21 Weeks)

My apologies to my blog enthusiasts who have been patiently waiting for my post today. Mommy and I had the blog almost completed this afternoon (Mommy does my typing for me since she can type much faster than I can and she knows the alphabet). We had an unfortunate computer mishap and lost our entire posting. The auto-save feature of this blog turned out to be not helpful in this case since it auto-saves every minute or two and ended up "auto saving" the erased blog. Hmph! So we will try to re-create the magic that happened this afternoon during our blogging time.

Ok so where do I begin?
Ahh yes, my diet update for the week! I added pears and prunes this week and I couldn't be happier. Pears and prunes are so delicious! They are my favorite fruits so far. Prunes are pretty messy though so I have had a post-dinner bath every night (or a sponge bath if we're short on time). You've heard the rhyme "Beans beans the musical fruit...the more you eat the more you _____" ? Let's just say that prunes could be called the musical fruit as well.

This week I discovered that I can sit up on my own for brief periods of time. Here is me in my initial "tripod" stance.

Then I get a little brave and try to go "hands free"....


And then I fall over! I'll be sitting up playing with toys in no time!




I have also started playing with my feet a lot! I can even put my foot in my mouth! I have heard that putting one's foot in one's mouth is often times a negative or embarrasing experience but for me it's just plain fun. I recommend everyone put their foot in their mouth at least once a day. My favorite time to do this is on the changing table. Mommy discovered today that she can fold all of my laundry and get it put away if she puts me in my crib in just my diaper. I really have the most fun when I'm just in a diaper and playing with my feet.



Mommy and I did a little redecorating in my nursery. Now that the days are longer, I have been getting up earlier in the morning and wanting to stay up later at night. Mommy and Daddy went to buy some room darkening shades but unfortunately they were on back order. While we wait for the shades to come in I have different throw blankets to darken my room. They don't really match my elephant theme but oh well! Speaking of sleep, I decided to try out Mommy's Milk Shop After Hours again. I'm sorry to report that the late night customer service has not improved one bit! I've even been trying out different hours like 10:40 (about 10 minutes after Mommy goes to bed and is starting to settle into sleep), 12:30 a.m, 1:30 a.m., 3:00 a.m. Mommy and Daddy can't figure out why I have started to wake up once in the night and at such random times as there seems to be no pattern to my wake ups.


This is a picture of me looking a bit suspicious. I think I was thinking about what time I should wake up in the middle of the night. Hee Hee Hee!
What else happened this week? Oh! Daddy took Mommy and I on a "wild goose chase" on Saturday but we didn't come home with any geese but we did get a sailboat. Daddy has been really wanting a sailboat for quite some time and Mommy found one on Craigslist so we took a cross-metro trip to Lake Minnetonka. It was my first time in west metro area and I liked it! The boat is currently in our garage and will move to its summer house (Grandma and Grandpa's cabin) once we get a part fixed. Daddy says I won't be able to sail this summer because I'm too small. Bummer! First the fishing...and now sailing. What am I going to do all summer???
Well I am just patiently waiting for my friend Bella to be born. Her mommy came over to our house on Monday and we took her out to lunch. I can't wait to have another girl to play with! Hurry up Bella!










1 comment:

  1. Love the new decorations!! You gotta do, what you gotta do, right!

    Awesome on the sailboat!

    ReplyDelete