Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm 5 Months Old! (22 wks)


Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone! Although it's been really busy this week with many activities I have taken some time to just hang out in my swing and relax. It's really fun to play with toys in my swing now. It's also fun to just hang out with one sock off.



We woke up bright and early Monday morning to watch my daddy get his diploma and it turns out he didn't even get a diploma--just a diploma cover! Apparently they mail the actual diploma to you. It was a bit dicey on the way there as we hit Monday morning traffic and almost did not make it in time. Then when Daddy was checking in they were out of honor cords. It seems like they should know how many they need but maybe they didn't count correctly. I really can't judge because I can't count at all. Luckily they found some just before the ceremony started. Mommy and I had an adventure of our own. We tend to follow signs for handicapped entrances in public places because it usually takes you to an elevator or ramp that we need when we are "strolling." So we followed the handicapped sign outside of Northrop Auditorium and it led us into another building where we ran into a lady who told us that there was "no way to get into Northrop unless you take stairs." Mommy and I had a hard time believing this as it is a venue used for many large events and thought there was no way that it wasn't handicapped accessible! Luckily we ran into a more helpful lady who got us on the right track. It turned out that had we just kept walking and didn't notice the handicapped sign we would have run into the ramp into Northrop in about 5 feet! We got inside just at the end of Pomp and Circumstance and were seated just in time! We got really good seats because of my stroller we were seated in the wheelchair section. You are welcome Mom! I was good and made it through the entire ceremony without crying. I even took a nap but woke up in time to see my Daddy walk across the stage. Congratulations Daddy!


There were so many people to look at that I didn't cooperate very well for pictures with Daddy on graduation day so when we went to the "U" to drop off his rental hood on Saturday we staged a few more graduation pictures. So that is why I'm wearing a different outfit than the previous picture. I wanted to clarify this so no one thought that I had an "accident" and needed a new outfit. It was an entirely different day!




On Wednesday Mommy and I headed to Wells to attend Grandma Dalton's retirement party. She is retiring so that she can become a full time grandma. Mommy tried to take several pictures of Grandma and me but she has a really bad habit of closing her eyes in pictures! So this is the best one! It was fun to meet a lot of my blog followers in person! After the party we went back to Grandma's and stayed overnight. It was really fun!




On Thursday night I went to my first baseball game. We went to watch the Saint Paul Saints. Mommy forgot the digital camera so she took a picture using her new cell phone. Unfortunately she is having major technical difficulties trying to send the picture to the computer (darn blue tooth). So if we get it figured out I'll post it here tomorrow.



We are really enjoying the outdoors this holiday weekend. This is Daddy and me on the pedestrian bridge at the U of MN.






Mommy and I like to wear our sunglasses on our heads sometimes!







On Friday night I went to my first BBQ. We first picked up Mommy's friend Laura up at the airport in the afternoon. Laura came to our house for awhile and we played. Mommy got lots of little things done while Laura played with me. She said that she'd get lots more done during the day if I had a babysitter! Then we went over to Nolan's house for the BBQ. There was another little boy named Eli there. So many boys to play with!








Laura and I were good buddies. Too bad she lives in Denver or we could hang out more! She is in town for a volleyball tournament. Good luck Laura!
Well it's time to sign off. Sorry for the late post but we were busy entertaining guests tonight. Daddy's friends Charlie and Marcie are in town for the Twins/Red Sox game tomorrow. Mommy and Daddy are going to the game with them tomorrow and Grandma and Uncle Steve are coming to babysit me. It should be fun!









1 comment:

  1. Those graduation pictures with you and daddy are so cute, Megan!!!

    ReplyDelete