
Happy Easter everyone! This is me wearing my best Easter duds. Mommy was really excited to buy me a frilly Easter dress this year. It is a "Cinderella Dress" and I certainly looked like a princess! But let's go back a bit since I didn't get to blog last week!

The weather has turned much warmer the last two weeks. This was me 2 weeks ago. Notice I had to wear a hoodie and my jacket because it was still a bit chilly. I like to go on the swings but I don't really like to hang on, and so I swing my arms forward which lunges all of me forward. I don't like that at all, and usually want to get out of the swing at that point.

I really like this little dinosaur thing. It rocks back and forth. I don't really remember anything too exciting from 2 weeks ago. Basically we did our usual story time, Toddler Tuesday, walks to the park, etc.

I pretty much don't like playing with toys these days. I'd much rather clean out the pots and pans and do some cooking. I like cooking a lot. I'll post a fun video at the end of my cooking skills.

Here I am working really hard at stirring the pot! I hear that is not usually considered a "positive thing" but for me, I think stirring the pot is a blast and I really don't see anything wrong with it!

I made another great discovery. I can actually fit in the cupboard. Here is the "before" shot

And, the "after" It is so much fun!!

Even though I am super busy with all of my cooking and kitchen organization, I try to take a little time out of each day to work on my rapping. Just call me Megz!

One day last week the high temperature reached 80 degrees. Our house got really toasty so I got to wear shorts for the first time this year. This is me on our way to the park. Every time we go to the park I make new friends. One kid, Tyler, is 4 and he asked my mom how I lost all of my teeth. Mommy explained that I didn't lose any, that I just only have 6 teeth total. He went on to brag about all the teeth he had. He isn't my favorite park friend.

After we got back from the park I discovered the wonders of the garage. I can't believe it took me so long to realize how awesome the garage is. I would run to Mommy's bike, spin her bike pedal, then run over to Daddy's bike, spin his pedal (his is super fancy since it's a racing bike and he wears special shoes that clip in!), then run back to Mommy's bike. Then I added another element to my game that included going up to the card table and blowing a raspberry on it. I can be so silly sometimes. Then I would run out of the garage and Mommy and me would walk down the alley and walk back to the garage and I would start my bike-card table-bike routine again. I got really dirty with actual dirt (not just food mess like usual!)

This weekend I got to go to Grandma and Grandpa D's. On Friday we met them halfway and I went home with them. Mommy and Daddy had a date night Friday night and on Saturday got lots of errands run before coming down to join up with me. I had lots of fun as always. This is me an my Easter bucket. It was full of eggs. I enjoyed putting eggs in, and taking them out.

This morning we went to church. I got to participate in my first Communion. This church uses real bread cubes for Communion. Grandma was holding her cube and it looked really, really tasty so I opened my mouth wide hoping she'd just pop it right in my mouth. Grandma felt bad denying me bread, so I took Communion for Grandma. I got a little antsy during the sermon so Mommy and I headed to the nursery. I really liked this nursery because Mommy just came with me and stayed. They don't have all kinds of rules like our church because it's a small town church where everyone knows everyone and there aren't the safety issues like our urban church. Anyway, after church was over I had a lot of fun pressing my nose against the glass and making funny faces at the people outside the sanctuary.

On our way to Great Aunt Judy and Great Uncle Dave's house we stopped by the lake to take some pictures. This was our best family shot. I may not be smiling but at least we are all looking at the same camera and no one is crying.

I had fun at Dave and Judy's house. I played with a farm and all kinds of animals. Farm animals are my favorite!

This is me right before I had to get changed out of my Easter dress. No one thought it was a good idea for me to eat in my pretty dress. I was so excited to eat Easter dinner that I tried crawling down from Mommy. It made for a pretty funny pose!
What's new with my development?
- I haven't said too many new words. I say "D" when I see doggies and sort of say something that sounds like baby. It's not super clear like some of my other favorites like kitty, mama, and diddy (daddy). I can say Uncle Steve (well I sort of say Steve) but it sounds a lot like my word for teeth. Maybe I'll have a cute name for him like Uncle Teeth. I'm sure he'd love that!
- My parents have tried to teach me a little sign language. I'm not so into it, but I will sign "please" only when I'm desperate for a snack. If you ask me to say please, I won't do it. It's only on my terms and like I said, only when I'm really desperate and it looks like you are not going to give me a snack (usually Yogurt Bites or Gerber snacks). It works really well because it melts my parents' hearts that I actually use my sign language appropriately that BAM! I get a snack!
- I seem to be more purposeful with my babbling. Less like random babbling and more like I'm trying to have a very frustrating conversation with you
- Still clingy to Mommy, still cranky during "Unhappy Hour" (5-6 p.m. nightly)
- Still finicky about eating. Last week I ate pretty much just fruit and cheerios. One day I threw a fit at dinner when Mommy gave me pasta shells and cheese (usually a favorite). Now I appear to be afraid of it, as Mommy tried to then give it to me for lunch the next day and I had the same fearful reaction. After Mommy took it away, I calmed down and happily ate other food.
I'll leave you with 2 videos. One is me in the kitchen whipping up one of my delicacies. The other is a video of my Mom playing a trick on me with my bunny.
Megz-
ReplyDeleteLove the cute Easter dress and holy cats you like like your mom in the picture of you cooking and the red shirt on!!
I'm out -
Nolz
Cal loves to pretend pour his sippy/milk jugs/water bottles/etc. into containers. Perhaps the two of you can make your parents a meal!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute in your Easter dress Megan!