I love the little teddy bear that is "just my size"!
The spider web is also another favorite of mine.
Being silly on the slide
On the boat I sang "Row Row Row Your Boat" for Daddy.
On Wednesday night, it was my dress rehearsal for my upcoming dance recital. Our song is "Monkeys Dancing" and we are, of course, dancing monkeys.
This is me and my dance group getting ready for practicing the big finale. Below are videos of me dancing the finale, my big "solo" jumping on the bed, followed by our official dance.
On Friday night we had my school picnic. It was really hot (90 degrees!) and super windy. The Teddy Bear band was the headliner of the big event.
On Saturday morning I had my first big race of the year. It was at my future elementary school. If you have a good memory you might remember I did this race last year too.
My friend the dinosaur/crocodile/lizard?!? was there again.
Time to do some pre-race stretching. It was fun because two of my friends that take care of me at the YMCA when Mommy works out lead the stretching.
One last stretch before "Ready set go!"
This is me and my friend Ethan. He was a groomsman. He is a pretty special guy to be a groomsman at the age of 2 1/2!
Unwrapping the chocolates. The good news is there were 3 extra empty spots at our table so I got three more! I've been enjoying treats at home still.
My eyes got really wide when the server put down this bowl. In my mind, it was a big scoop of ice cream. Unfortunately it was butter. Although I do love butter on bread so it wasn't a total bust.
The ribbon from one of the "presents" was also a handy spotting scope. We were all really impressed with the wedding meal. First of all, there was a kids meal. Secondly, they brought me a milk in a kids cup, and they brought out my kids meal when the adults got salads. Perfect for a slow eater like me.
After dinner it was FINALLY time to visit the cupcake table.
Cupcake is Megan approved!
Really, the highlight of the day was the bride, Ashley. To me, she was a princess and I got to be in the presence of a real princess. In fact, all night I kept wanting to go see Ashley. Also, you may remember how I was super excited to dance at the wedding. Well once the dance started, I refused to dance. I kept saying "Nooooo! There are too many people!!!!" and was super concerned that people would bump into me. Mommy and Daddy took the opportunity to slow dance and I freaked out. Grandma had to take me in the hall because I was crying and yelling, "Nooooo!! There are too many people!" Grandma and I went and found Ashley and all was well. I danced with Ashley and the flower girl and after that I was a dancing machine.Dancing with the bride...aka Princess Ashley
My first polka with Daddy
My first YMCA dance!
And to complete the necessary wedding dances, the Macarena.
Much to everyone's surprise..a big stuffed bear showed up.. Could this night get any better?
Then came the dollar dance. Mommy and Daddy said it was time for us to go back to Grandma's house as it was getting late. Daddy gave me a dollar and I of course, wanted to dance with Ashley before we left. I wouldn't give the dollar to Amy, the matron of honor...I had to give it right to Ashley. I said she should put it in her piggy bank.
What else is new with me?
- My fascination with Ashley the princess has continued today. I decided she needs to come to my birthday party and she also made it into the nightly prayer routine. Mommy asked me if I was talking about our kitty Ashley..and I said, "No, Princess Ashley". I also asked if she could come to our house. Mommy said she's probably busy right now.
- In other news, my balloon still lives in aisle 1 at Cub Foods
- On Sunday we went to the cabin and put the dock in. I'm excited to go fishing next weekend (hopefully!).
- I've been enjoying watering the plants outside so they can grow. They really don't grow fast enough for me though!
- I'm getting my second 2 year molar. Last week I mentioned that my tooth hurt a few times. Then one night when brushing my teeth my Mommy noticed my new tooth that came in. Just need 2 more teeth and I finally have all of my baby teeth!
I love the Megan and Ethan pics - so cute!
ReplyDelete