Sunday, May 6, 2012

Two Weeks

 Hello everyone!  Good news, our new transfer cord came in the mail so I am able to blog again!  Let's rewind to 2 weeks ago.  On Monday I had my very first dance pictures. I was so excited to wear my pretty costume.  I even got to wear a little makeup and my "new hair."  A week earlier, all the other dance mommies were talking about the hairpieces their kids were going to wear for pictures and the hair curling, etc.  Mommy wasn't really planning on that, but didn't want me to be the only one without fancy hair, so we I got my very first fake hair piece.  I love it and call it my "new hair".  I want to wear it often but Mommy said I can only wear it for dance-related activities.

 The mommies were not allowed to go in the room where they took pictures, but my dance teacher posted this one on Facebook. 
 For our recital we are dancing to a song called, "Monkeys Dancing".  We are cute little monkeys!

 Another view of the ears and my "new hair".

Later in the week we headed to the zoo to see the Farm Babies exhibit before it closed.  On the way to the barn, we passed by the moose.  They were right by the fence.  Super close! 


 We made it to the farm and I loved the big tractor.  The Farm Babies exhibit is always a bit disappointing if you've been to the state fair.  There are wayyyy more baby animals at the fair.  Oh well. 
 More tractor "driving".  There was a big fake pig with piglets that you could climb on.  I climbed up and said "I want a piggy back ride". 

 After the farm we rode the "train" aka. the monorail.  There was a big school group going on the train so they said there might not be room for us.  Then they said we could go on the train if I was able to be quiet for 25 minutes and ride in the "quiet" car where you can only whisper because the narrator rides in that car.  Mommy said "Sure she can be quiet....." a bit hesitantly not really believing I could.  Well I proved her wrong!  I was quiet the whole time and only spoke in a whisper.  In fact when we talked about the train later, I started whispering again.  Mommy needs to have a little more faith in me!

 Then it was Mommy's birthday!!  I picked out this really special Barbie princess cake.  We forgot to take a picture before cutting into it. 

I thought the cake was really yummy. It was almond cake with raspberry filling from the bakery nearby. I always like looking through the cake books at bakeries so I was thrilled to finally get to pick out a cake for Mommy. She picked the type of cake, I got to pick the decoration. I knew she would love a Barbie princess cake. I thought the cake was really good but I didn't like the "jelly" and so Daddy was nice enough to eat the middle of my cake for me.



Singing Happy Birthday to Mommy!


 This week it was crazy hair week at dance.  It was time for piggy tails!!  This is me putting my ballet shoes on.

 I was being extremely silly while Mommy was trying to take my picture. 
What else is new with me?
  • Last week at school our theme was "Under the Sea" .  We sang the slippery fish song (which freaks me out at dance class) and was fine with it.  So maybe I'm over my slippery fish phobia.
  • The weather has been nice off and on but lots of rain so we've gotten outside when we can.  I love playing at the park and outside with my neighbor friends.  I have this fun game I play with Mommy or Daddy where they become "La Bruja, the mean witch" that casts a spell on me and banishes me to the tower.  Then I escape via the magic slide.  This game goes on and on and on.  This game is very similar to a Dora episode of course.
  • One day after I had eaten all of my lunch I said I was still hungry and that I wanted a "bunny snack."  Mommy was confused and asked me what a bunny snack was.  I said, "a bunny snack" and Mommy again said she didn't know what that was.  Then I said, " a bunny snack, from my Easter basket."   I wanted some Easter candy.  I hadn't asked for any since I got it at Easter so my parents have been eating my candy!!  Luckily there was still some left.

No comments:

Post a Comment