Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Memorial Day





Hello! We had a great Memorial Day weekend full of fun. So sorry this is a bit late! Let's back up. On Wednesday I had my last day of ECFE. I don't quite "get it" that I'm not going back there again. Mommy is going to be sad not to meet with other parents each week. It has been one of her favorite things about ECFE. But this summer we have lots of fun things planned. Tonight is my last swimming lesson. I already know I passed, so this fall I will be a "Pike". Next Monday is my last dance lesson and my recital is on the 10th. I'm not doing summer dance this year. Instead I'm going to be doing t-ball/soccer combo, music class, and a few things through parks and recreation. I'm expanding my horizons a bit. I hear it's good to be well-rounded.







On Friday night we started out our Memorial Day weekend by eating out at Chammps. When the waitress came over to take our order I said, "Hi we're at Chammps!" The waitress said they should hire me as a hostess. On Saturday it was really really really rainy. What to do on a rainy day? Head to Mall of America and go on some rides.





This was my first time on the hot air balloon ride. I really liked it! I pretended I was on Benny's balloon (from Dora).





Then we went on the Swiper ride. You can see the Swiper statue in the background. During the ride I kept saying "Swiper no swiping!" On Sunday after church we had a church picnic. It was fun but H-O-T! I could have stayed longer but Mommy thought it was too hot!! On Sunday afternoon after we cooled off we went to do some shopping. We went to REI and didn't find anything. I was really upset about this. When we were headed to the door I started crying, "We didn't put anything in the cart!!!!!" Apparently I'm not much of a "browser"...just a shopper! I was happier when I found out we were going to a Super Target and could get camping stuff there. After all that shopping we ate at Old Chicago.  I'm really into being a big girl and ordering for myself.  When the waitress came over I said, "Do you have applesauce?" and she said yes.  Then I said, " Do you have milk?" and she said yes.  Then I said, "What kind of milk do you have?" and she said "white or chocolate" and I picked chocolate.  Then my parents reminded me I needed to order my entree.  "I want macaroni and cheese!"





On Monday we finally got to go to the cabin.  I had been looking forward to this all week!  I got to go for a really fun kayak ride with Uncle Steve.





The highlight was FISHING! I brought my new Disney princess fishing pole.  My first round of fishing didn't go so well.


We had some lunch then I thought it'd be fun to take out the little blue boat (paddle boat). It was really dirty due to being outside so Uncle Steve and I went to work cleaning. My favorite part was spraying the hose.  I had so much fun.  Then I had a great idea and turned and sprayed Uncle Steve. Boy was that fun!  Then he ran up the stairs and wouldn't come down.  I kept saying, "Come back down Steve!! Come back down!" in my sweetest voice.   Then I put down the hose and lured him down and then ran over and got the hose again to spray him. I love to tease!



It was time to get more serious about fishing and voila! My first fish!  On the way down to the cabin Mommy was telling me all about the different kinds of fish I could catch at the lake.  Then an airplane went by and I decided I was going to catch "an airplane fish".  Apparently this was not an airplane fish, but rather a sunfish.


Look at my big catch!!



After all the fishing excitement it was time to go paddle boating in my nice clean boat.  We visited other people on paddle boats. I was very friendly to all the boats passing by.

I was full of good lines on Sunday.  Here is a sampling.

I wanted Steve to tell me a story so he made up a silly story. When I'd get bored of his storyline I'd say "next page!"  Then I wanted him to tell me a princess story..more specifically the Cinderella story.  Steve is not that up on his fairy tales, and started with, "Cinderella went to a ball..." I stopped him abruptly and said, "Start with the first page Steve!!" 

When we were leaving, I was giving everyone a hug.  I asked Grandma if she was sad that I was leaving.  She said she was.  Then I said, "Try crying Grandma!"  Apparently adults are more in control of their emotions and don't just burst out crying when things don't go their way.

While giving Grandpa a hug I said, "Hey you have whiskers just like Daddy and Steve!" 

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment