Friday, June 29, 2012

Put Me In Coach..I'm Ready to Play!

 Hello! So sorry for the delay. When we tried blogging earlier this week we discovered that I had hit my storage limit on my "free blog" and needed to start paying a monthly fee for more storage.  Mommy tried to find a way to get around this but was unsuccessful.  So Google now gets a few dollars from us every month in order to bring you the latest on me.  Then it took 24 hours for the changes to go into effect, then something weird was going on with blogger, and now it's all good. So I'm back and I have a lot to say!  Uncle Steve and Grandma came to watch me play t-ball and soccer last week so he got some good shots.  We learned the sequence to throwing an overhand ball.  Daddy thinks they overcomplicated it for us 3 year olds as you can see above, I have a little trouble with it.  Once Daddy took out a few of the steps at my next practice I did much better. 

 I'm a serious ball player!

 Daddy helping me get the footwork and arm motions down.
 Ready to catch!

 I may have a future as a side arm pitcher!

 Daddy and I tossing the ball around.

 As I mentioned earlier, my team is a combo of soccer and t-ball.  We played a modified soccer game that didn't go so well.  I was under the understanding that I would be scoring goals and I was not happy when another team member scored for our team. I guess I don't really have that "team spirit" yet.  I really wanted to be the one to score the goal. So I spent most of the game crying.  I wasn't alone in this.  Several other 3 year olds were unhappy with their lack of participation too.




 After soccer and t-ball we headed to Cherry Berry for some frozen yogurt.  It was SOOO hot and we were all sweaty..especially me!  The frozen yogurt tasted soooooooo good!


 On Thursday night we finally got to hit the ball.  This is the part we were all looking forward to.  This is all of us kids patiently waiting on the bench. 

 My turn up to bat.  Coach Hans is helping me out.  He was really kind and patient with us kids!




 Waiting patiently for my 2nd turn.  This time I was the last one on the bench so I got to hit the home run to get everyone to home plate! 


 On Saturday we got up bright and early and headed to downtown Minneapolis for a race.  I did the kids race and Daddy ran the 5K. 

 Daddy and me after the race. I really wanted to run the race all by myself--I'm such a big girl you know!

 After the race I got a bag of goodies and a cool participation ribbon.  It was great!

 The race is partially sponsored by Daddy's work so we all wore our Boston Scientific shirts.  Proceeds go to the Children's hospital.  This star is the mascot for the Children's hospital and you know I was really into giving hugs and having a long conversation.  The star's handler told Mommy, "She really has a lot to say doesn't she!"  Mommy just nodded. Finally Mommy pulled me away and said it was another kid's turn.

 I was thrilled to also find this peanut.  At first I didn't want to go see him and then I decided I REALLY wanted to see him.  The peanut even ran the race.  There was a Pillsbury Dough Boy there at one point but we couldn't find him after my race so no hug for the Dough Boy.  During Daddy's race I got to go in a bouncy house, play with a hula hoop and play some other games.  It was set up well for children since there were a lot of kids there (due to it being for the Children's hospital).

 On Sunday afternoon we had a church picnic at a local park.  It was a beautiful night and I got to play with some of the bigger kids.


Nothing says a picnic like a little bean bag game!


Swing!



No comments:

Post a Comment