Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Decking the Halls

 I had a really fantastic Thanksgiving!  We went down to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a few days.  I helped Grandma set up her Christmas tree which was good practice for when we got home and decorated our house for Christmas.  I was excited to find my Santa hat in all of our Christmas stuff.
 I was even more excited when I found my Christmas tutu with bells.  I was really decked out for decking the halls!  My favorite thing to do is put ornaments on the tree.  I tend to really concentrate my ornaments in one area.  My parents kept encouraging me to use the whole tree and not just one branch. 
 I may have decorated this branch.....  We now have a giant tree thanks to Grandma.  She bought it for her house a few years ago but it was so big it didn't fit.  Lucky for us, we have really high ceilings and it fits beautifully in our living room.  Mommy kept reminding me that it was a big tree and that there was plenty of space for ornaments.  I did notice the next day that some of my ornaments were more spread out than they were originally.  I think some redecorating happened when I went to bed.

 I found this little tree in our Christmas stuff.  When Mommy was a freshman in college, she was sent this little tree for her dorm room from a family that she used to babysit for.  It has moved with her ever since.  I've now declared that it is "just my size" and therefore, mine.  I was disappointed that there were no ornaments or a star for this tree so Mommy and I got crafty on Monday.  This ended up being a day long project.  We found a bunch of printable ornaments from the Internet and I colored them.  Then we cut them out, glued them to construction paper for a little extra strength, and then punched a hole to tie some ribbon through to hang on the tree.  Isn't my little tree beautiful?!  A side note about printing sheets from the Internet.  Mommy had the idea to look on the Internet and I was thrilled.  I said "Ok! Let's look on the Internet!"  When we got to Mommy's laptop she saw that the wireless wasn't working and that we had to reset the modem.  She said, "We need to fix the Internet." and we headed downstairs.  I enthusiastically said "YES! Let's fix the Internet!!" and then paused and said, "Umm what's the Internet?"  Mommy wasn't sure how to explain it to me, so she just pointed to the modem and said "This is the Internet."  I was satisfied with that answer so Mommy was happy about that.
 I'm always finding things around the house to dress up in.  Today I came downstairs with my beach hat on.  Thirty degrees is almost like summer right?!

Mommy sleeps with about 8,000 pillows these days.  I'm loving this!  When Mommy gets ready in the morning I get to watch TV on her bed.  I make myself a nice little pillow fort while watching my show. 

What else is new with me?
  • We are continuing to get ready for baby brother.  We got a couple Bernstein Bears books about new babies.  Since then I like to quote things from the book such as, "It's getting harder and harder to sit on Mommy's lap"  and "Mommy's stomach is getting bigger and rounder..." 
  • Last week at school we made Thanksgiving place mats.  The teacher asked us what we liked to eat on Thanksgiving.  I said grapes, corn and brownies. We actually had none of these things for Thanksgiving (well I guess Mommy made corn custard but we all know how I feel about combination foods). 
  • We all got sick last week.  Oddly, none of us had the same sickness.  Mommy had a bad cold (runny/stuffy nose), I had croup, and Daddy had a scratchy throat.  We are doing much better this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment