This week it has been unseasonably warm so we got to go to the park. A nearby park went through an overhaul this fall and has all new equipment. Mommy figured we'd never get a chance to play there until spring but then the weather got nice enough to play outside without being too bundled up. I enjoyed this snail very much.
I spent a lot of time going around and around on this spinny thing. I got sooooooo dizzy! There was another spinny thing that made me so dizzy I fell off. I miss a few things about the old playground equipment but this one was pretty fun too.
The big event of last week was my preschool Thanksgiving program. Mommy and Daddy came to watch our 20 minute program. Mommy videotaped the entire thing, but we have a few clips from our digital camera to share with you. We weren't sure if you wanted to watch all 20 minutes (and it would probably take 5 years to upload to YouTube!)
This was the beginning of our program. We came in to the "freeze song." The volume wasn't very loud so it's hard to hear.
I knew all my songs and sang really loud! I was also very animated.
At my church we sing "My God is so BIG" but at preschool we say "My God is so GREAT" so I have to really pay attention to where I'm at so I sing the right words in the right location.
If You're Happy and You Know It is one of my favorites. When we went to small group Thursday night I performed this song for everyone since they didn't get to go to my program.
This was our last song. At the end, the final lyrics are "God's love will never cease". Watch for me belting something out at the end. Afterward my teacher told my parents that I had asked earlier what "never cease" means. I figured since I didn't know, there were probably others in the audience that didn't know either...so I let everyone know the answer!
At the very end of our program we each got to come to the front by ourselves and say what we are thankful for. I was one of the last ones. The audience got noisy by them because as soon as we were done saying what we were thankful for, we joined our parents in the audience. So it's a little hard to hear me talk but I was thankful for my baby brother, Mommy, Daddy and myself.
After the program I really wanted my parents to take a picture of me and my teacher, Miss Jackie. She is so wonderful!
My friends Nolan and Logan came over last week while Diane had an appointment. We played the piano and Mommy sang all the songs from music class last summer. Mommy really thought that we could help out with the singing but it's too difficult to accompany oneself. So it was solo time for Mommy. And in other news, this is probably the only picture of the 3 of us all looking at the camera and looking happy!
What else is new?
- Mommy had a doctor's appointment on Friday and I got to go with. I told Mommy's doctor that the baby's heartbeat sounded a lot like a thunderstorm. Baby brother is measuring big, so next appointment they are going to do another ultrasound to see what's going on. I'm excited to get to see baby brother on the "computer" again.
- We went to the baby store and got lots of things for the baby. I managed to get something too. I've decided that I'm going to buy baby brother a jack-in-the-box as his "welcome to the family" gift. It should be no surprise that Dora bought her twin baby brother and sister a jack-in-the-box.
- This week we got to bring a favorite stuffed animal to dance class. I chose Pinkie, my fuzzy orca from Sea World. Pinkie is not a very good tap dancer.
- One of my favorite parts of preschool is "Lunch Bunch". One of the kids in Lunch Bunch is named Chase and I talk about him all the time. When we were grocery shopping I said I really wanted applesauce in the pouch because Chase has them. Mommy, not feeling like arguing, agreed as long as I would eat applesauce in such container. Well it was really disappointing last week because Chase was sick on Tuesday and therefore could not witness my awesome applesauce pouch. So I didn't eat it. Mommy sent it along with lunch again on Thursday and when she picked me up the teacher told her I said I didn't want to eat it because it was "too cold." Chase also wasn't there that day because he went home with his parents after the program instead of staying for Lunch Bunch. Side note: I went to Lunch Bunch, my parents went out on a lunch date! Anyway, Mommy forced me to eat it at home. I really didn't like eating it out of the pouch, I wanted Mommy to squeeze it onto a spoon. She said that defeated the purpose of paying for the fancy packaging and that I had to eat it the way it was intended. Let's just say, Mommy is NOT going to buy me any pouch fruit again.
No comments:
Post a Comment