We were busy last week getting ready for Halloween. Mommy and I made pumpkin cookies. I always get my own tray and own frosting for decorating. Then I get to eat the ones that I decorate. My cookie decorating hygiene has really improved in the last year. I no longer frost a cookie, lick it, and then refrost it again. I do however but an obscene amount of sprinkles that no one over 4 would want to eat, so my cookies still get quarantined from everyone else's. That's fine by me. My mantra is, the more sprinkles the better!
Daddy and I (well mostly Daddy) worked hard to carve pumpkins. I requested princess pumpkins this year. Daddy made Ariel and Rapunzel. He did a really good job!
The finished product! This was a two night event!
On Wednesday we got to wear our Halloween costumes to dance class. The mommies were invited in to watch us do our warm up tap dance and Casper the Friendly Ghost dance.
Every week we get a fun sticker for our name cards.
This is my dance class. We are between 3-5 years old and we all pretty much picked princess costumes.
This is me getting ready to go trick or treating! I woke up at 7:30 on Halloween and crawled into bed with Mommy. I said, "Is it Halloween yet?" Mommy said, "Yes!" I said, "Can we go trick or treating now?" Mommy said we would have to wait until Daddy got home. Mommy thought I'd be more successful getting candy if I knocked on doors when people weren't at work.
Here I am ready to go!!! I went to all of the houses in our neighborhood. It was so much fun. After I was done I also enjoyed handing out candy to the kids who came to our house. I really think it's a shame that we only get to do this once a year. I mean, getting dressed up in a fancy gown, and getting to chat with all the neighbors, AND get candy?! It doesn't get much better than that! I've already mentioned that I'm going to be Cinderella next year. My parents asked what baby brother should be. I said "A baby Cinderella". My parents reminded me that baby brother is a BOY. To that I said, "How about Prince Charming?" My parents aren't sure they make an infant Prince Charming costume.
What else is new?
- At preschool we didn't have a Halloween party but we did have a "Pumpkin Party." Mommy was one of the helpers for the party. I thought it was great that Mommy was at preschool. She helped with one of the games. I played her game about 5,000 times. I was her best customer. I did the other activities too but always came back to Mommy's game.
- On Friday I got to see my friend Isaac at a really fun indoor park. It's called "The Eagle's Nest". I asked Mommy what the place was called and she told me. I said, "Ummmm I don't like eagles." Mommy said there weren't any eagles there. Then I said, "ummmmm I don't like nests!" Mommy said there weren't any nests either. It was just the name of the indoor park. She was right. No eagles and no nests but tons of fun.
- We had school pictures at preschool last week. Mommy asked if I gave a big smile. I said, "They said 'say cheese' instead of 'smile'" and then I said they tickled me with a feather. Mommy is very curious how these will turn out.
- We went to the indoor park in town one afternoon this week because we had one punch left on our card that expired Oct 31. There was hardly anyone there. I found an older boy to play with. He didn't have any one else to play with so he thought it was fine to play with me. He asked me if I liked to go to the high parts of the park and I said, "I'm not afraid of anything." Mommy about fell off her chair. Lately all I've talked about is all the things I'm afraid of.
- My lunch bunch teacher, Miss Kay, told Mommy that I was really bright. She said that she had brought in a few glasses of water and had tapped them. Then she asked us kids what it was like. She said I was the first kid in 5 years to say that it sounded like music (which was her point). She was also impressed with my vast knowledge of musical instruments. Mommy said it was a combination of my music classes and one of my iPad apps.
- We went grocery shopping at Kowalskis last week because they bag and carry the groceries out to the car. Mommy is getting more tired and her back is hurting more so it seemed worth the extra money. I love going there because I get my own little cart there. I was super friendly with everyone I met. I asked everyone who came by us, "My name is Megan, what is your name?" At the checkout I gave each item to the lady and told her all about the food in my cart. "This one is my favorite.." "This is macaroni and cheese!" etc etc.
- One morning at breakfast I asked Mommy, "What has one wheel?" Mommy was confused by my question and said, "What?" I said, "Think Mommy!" She was still confused by my question, so I said, "A tunacycle!" Mommy laughed and said, "Do you mean a unicycle?" I giggled and said, "Oh yeah, that's right! A unicycle!"

Those pumpkins are incredible! BRAVO to Brian!
ReplyDelete